• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Going to Canada for the First Time

60 posts in this topic

Quesnel, British Columbia. I know it's not the "Happening" place like Calgary or Ontario. Going there for work related stuff.

http://www.city.quesnel.bc.ca/Home/Homepage.asp

Looks like a great place for the outdoors, and getting mauled by wild animals crazy.gif

Anything nearby I can visit or any recommendations?

I have gone up there since before I even collected my first comic! Love it!

Enjoy!

Quesnel, British Columbia. I know it's not the "Happening" place like Calgary or Ontario. Going there for work related stuff.

Looks like a great place for the outdoors, and getting mauled by wild animals crazy.gif

Believe me...Calgary sucks, as I was just there! Have fun in Quesnel! screwy.gif

Believe me...Calgary sucks, as I was just there! Have fun in Quesnel! screwy.gif
popcorn.gif

Sorry...but the only happening place in Canada is Montreal. Everybody knows that.

It's also the home of Gerry Ross!

I was in Canada, in Niagara Falls last September as part of my Honeymoon! And my wife let me go into a Comic store up there. Tons of stuff, of course it was like a time warp thing from around 1984 with books like the baxter editions of Legion of Super-Heroes and New Teen Titans #1s from 84 priced at $35 each!!! I really tried not to laugh in the owners face. (of course that would be about $25 US,,but still it was funny) It was still actually better than the store I went into in Florida, no back issues older than 1995. But, they had golden age bags there,,,couldn't figure that one out at all.

U may see a real live wolverine up thar in the bushes of Quesnel, BC. In my back yard in the suburbs of Vancouver, I have a squirrel, a family of raccoons & a fat skunk. U will be amazed at how fresh the air is at higher elevations in Canada. Welcome! hi.gif

U may see a real live wolverine up thar in the bushes of Quesnel, BC. In my back yard in the suburbs of Vancouver, I have a squirrel, a family of raccoons & a fat skunk. U will be amazed at how fresh the air is at higher elevations in Canada. Welcome! hi.gif

Cool. Thanks!! cloud9.gif

Cool. Thanks!! cloud9.gif

screwy.gif

Sorry...but the only happening place in Canada is Montreal. Everybody knows that.

It's also the home of Gerry Ross!

Tell that to all the Quebecois who come to Vancouver by the bus load daily. poke2.gif How's the weather out there today, minus 10? stooges.gif

I wouldn't worry too much, it's a big place so there's only a slim chance you'll run into "him" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i don't think the word's 'happenin' and 'calgary' have ever been used together like that...

except maybe, is anything happening in calgary ever?

enjoy your visit. next you need to get your job to send you to Toronto, Montreal, Old Quebec City and halifax...and maybe Banff.

It's all about Toronto.... gossip.gif
screwy.gif

What's the deal with slagging Toronto?

First off, I don't hear your Premier complaining about the money being funnelled to your fat cat mandarins and bureaucrats who fancy their luxury trips to and from their weeked retreats, hostels, and private functions at the shoe show (so called as the only garment of clothing being worn are their shoes). Our economy makes the money, and the piggy-backing, tail-riding provinces like yours take it and do nothing more than whine, complain and pretty much bite the hand that feeds them.

Secondly, take some of that transfer payment money coming from Toronto and clean up the east end of Vancouver, and get rid of that foul, putrid stench from the poorest postal code -- an area that's already been coined the armpit of Canada. I'm sick and tired of hearing put downs and high and mighty pitches about other cities and how they compare to Toronto, especially when the Main and Hastings scene is overrun with crack/heroin/meth addicts, fixing in broad daylight, stealing, vandalizing and pretty much acting like the commode scum they are, and bleeding heart liberal policitians making things worse by handing out needles, and setting up safe-injection sites. Is this Vancouvers idea of cleaning-up the downtown east end?

Now get off your high-horses and get those grabby policitians to spend some of their olympic money and do something about ridding that [#@$%!!!]. Then come back here and be prepared to discuss rationally, all while giving Toronto the respect it deserves and with the recognition that it is the economic center of the country and which continues to churn out money to its undeserving spoiled brat brethren, not to mention the fact that Toronto has the most diverse social fabric and is one of the most exciting, beautiful and cosmopilitan cities in all of Canada to visit. sign-offtopic.gif

screwy.gif

First off, I don't hear your Premier complaining about the money being funnelled to your fat cat mandarins and bureaucrats who fancy their luxury trips to and from their weeked retreats, hostels, and private functions at the shoe show (so called as the only garment of clothing being worn are their shoes). Our economy makes the money, and the piggy-backing, tail-riding provinces like yours take it and do nothing more than whine, complain and pretty much bite the hand that feeds them.

Secondly, take some of that transfer payment money coming from Toronto and clean up the east end of Vancouver, and get rid of that foul, putrid stench from the poorest postal code -- an area that's already been coined the armpit of Canada. I'm sick and tired of hearing put downs and high and mighty pitches about other cities and how they compare to Toronto, especially when the Main and Hastings scene is overrun with crack/heroin/meth addicts, fixing in broad daylight, stealing, vandalizing and pretty much acting like the commode scum they are, and bleeding heart liberal policitians making things worse by handing out needles, and setting up safe-injection sites. Is this Vancouvers idea of cleaning-up the downtown east end?

Now get off your high-horses and get those grabby policitians to spend some of their olympic money and do something about ridding that [#@$%!!!]. Then come back here and be prepared to discuss rationally, all while giving Toronto the respect it deserves and with the recognition that it is the economic center of the country and which continues to churn out money to its undeserving spoiled brat brethren, not to mention the fact that Toronto has the most diverse social fabric and is one of the most exciting, beautiful and cosmopilitan cities in all of Canada to visit. sign-offtopic.gif

Isn't that a bit like being the best surfer in Missouri?

screwy.gif

confused.gif