• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Going to Canada for the First Time

60 posts in this topic

Quesnel, British Columbia. I know it's not the "Happening" place like Calgary or Ontario. Going there for work related stuff.

http://www.city.quesnel.bc.ca/Home/Homepage.asp

Looks like a great place for the outdoors, and getting mauled by wild animals crazy.gif

Anything nearby I can visit or any recommendations?

Have fun sterling; I've been to BC some years back, travelled all across the province and loved it. I'm heading out to Lake Louise (staying at the chateau) and Banff in May and I'm really looking forward to it thumbsup2.gif

Nearest 'city' is Prince George, I think. It will seem very rural - try to take in some of the things that you can't do at home. There is a strong aboriginal community influence there, so I would encourage you to try to get a sense of their art/culture while you are there. Otherwise, you will get pretty bored quickly! Have fun...

It's all about Toronto.... gossip.gif
screwy.gif

What's the deal with slagging Toronto?

First off, I don't hear your Premier complaining about the money being funnelled to your fat cat mandarins and bureaucrats who fancy their luxury trips to and from their weeked retreats, hostels, and private functions at the shoe show (so called as the only garment of clothing being worn are their shoes). Our economy makes the money, and the piggy-backing, tail-riding provinces like yours take it and do nothing more than whine, complain and pretty much bite the hand that feeds them.

Secondly, take some of that transfer payment money coming from Toronto and clean up the east end of Vancouver, and get rid of that foul, putrid stench from the poorest postal code -- an area that's already been coined the armpit of Canada. I'm sick and tired of hearing put downs and high and mighty pitches about other cities and how they compare to Toronto, especially when the Main and Hastings scene is overrun with crack/heroin/meth addicts, fixing in broad daylight, stealing, vandalizing and pretty much acting like the commode scum they are, and bleeding heart liberal policitians making things worse by handing out needles, and setting up safe-injection sites. Is this Vancouvers idea of cleaning-up the downtown east end?

Now get off your high-horses and get those grabby policitians to spend some of their olympic money and do something about ridding that [#@$%!!!]. Then come back here and be prepared to discuss rationally, all while giving Toronto the respect it deserves and with the recognition that it is the economic center of the country and which continues to churn out money to its undeserving spoiled brat brethren, not to mention the fact that Toronto has the most diverse social fabric and is one of the most exciting, beautiful and cosmopilitan cities in all of Canada to visit. sign-offtopic.gif

Isn't that a bit like being the best surfer in Missouri?

No. Its WAY more complicated, and you'd need to wrap your head around the whole Quebec vs Canada situation to understand where this spoiled-brat mentality originated -- for an unabridged version, just get the BEST OF TRIUMPH Insult Comic Dog on DVD and fast forward to the chapter on Quebecs Carnival.

screwy.gif

First off, I don't hear your Premier complaining about the money being funnelled to your fat cat mandarins and bureaucrats who fancy their luxury trips to and from their weeked retreats, hostels, and private functions at the shoe show (so called as the only garment of clothing being worn are their shoes). Our economy makes the money, and the piggy-backing, tail-riding provinces like yours take it and do nothing more than whine, complain and pretty much bite the hand that feeds them.

Secondly, take some of that transfer payment money coming from Toronto and clean up the east end of Vancouver, and get rid of that foul, putrid stench from the poorest postal code -- an area that's already been coined the armpit of Canada. I'm sick and tired of hearing put downs and high and mighty pitches about other cities and how they compare to Toronto, especially when the Main and Hastings scene is overrun with crack/heroin/meth addicts, fixing in broad daylight, stealing, vandalizing and pretty much acting like the commode scum they are, and bleeding heart liberal policitians making things worse by handing out needles, and setting up safe-injection sites. Is this Vancouvers idea of cleaning-up the downtown east end?

Now get off your high-horses and get those grabby policitians to spend some of their olympic money and do something about ridding that [#@$%!!!]. Then come back here and be prepared to discuss rationally, all while giving Toronto the respect it deserves and with the recognition that it is the economic center of the country and which continues to churn out money to its undeserving spoiled brat brethren, not to mention the fact that Toronto has the most diverse social fabric and is one of the most exciting, beautiful and cosmopilitan cities in all of Canada to visit. sign-offtopic.gif

confused.gif

...all that and I don't even get one of your trademark "666" PM's... poke2.gif

screwy.gif

Isn't that a bit like being the best surfer in Missouri?

No. Its WAY more complicated, and you'd need to wrap your head around the whole Quebec vs Canada situation to understand where this spoiled-brat mentality originated -- for an unabridged version, just get the BEST OF TRIUMPH Insult Comic Dog on DVD and fast forward to the chapter on Quebecs Carnival.

That would require me to give a [#@$%!!!] about Canada. poke2.gif I'm an Amurrrrrican, remember? We don't care about you frozen bastards. grin.gif

Although Carnival in Quebec City was pretty damn fun.

screwy.gif

"The most diverse social fabric" sleeping.gifstooges.gif27_laughing.gif You know us guys out in Vancouver like to bash you wannabees in Toronto. And hey I grew up in East Vancouver so when we saw pink cardigan wearing easteners of course we chase them out of town. Every city has a bad spots including Toronto. If you think Toronto is one of the most beautiful cities (sorry, it reminds me of a land fill confused.gif) then you must love Vancouver which is really second to none.

Don't get me started about "grabby politicians" as we have been alienated by the in Ottawa for years mainly because they have their noses firmly pressed up against Quebec and Ontario voters arses. A but those scammers will be going down in flames shortly after the Gomery commission is done exposing those Liberal crooks. How many of the billions of dollars that was stolen made its way out west? Probably not a dime.

I guess in the big scheme of things its a small trade off for us because at the end of the day you have to live in Toronto. stooges.gif

Enough!!!! sumo.gif

Just tell us which city has the hottest chicks. cloud9.gif

Where's AK when ya need him? confused-smiley-013.gif

i love toroto girls....but the babe factor is highest in montreal

I'm a big fan of Whistler, BC. We have a time-share there and go every Summer to do day hikes on Whistler and Blackcomb, and hang out in the village at night. One of my favorite places on the planet!

Quesnel, British Columbia. I know it's not the "Happening" place like Calgary or Ontario. Going there for work related stuff.

Sorry...but the only happening place in Canada is Montreal. Everybody knows that.

It's also the home of Gerry Ross!

well, i don't know about all that, but i will say that i was AMAZED by the sheer volume of beautiful women walking the streets in Montreal when i visited there in september.

a group of Buds travel each december to a different major league ballpark and to a man, upon returning from Montreal, everyone had sore necks from doing so many doubletakes.............. cloud9.gif

no clue what the fair sex looks like in BC............

screwy.gif

Joseph, you're the best HOWEVER ....Spoken like a true Torontonian - and you wonder why the rest of the Country can't stand em poke2.gif wake me up when the Make-be-Leafs actually have a contender sleeping.gifsleeping.gif course I'm not sure I can sleep that long. Hey Toronto's nice, I went to school there, IF you can deal with the center-of-the-country/universe/ condescending, horrible hockey team worshiping, smog infested, dingy, dirty and overtly conservative 893censored-thumb.gif that walk the streets its not a bad place. Every country has its cross to bere, America has New York, Canada has Toronto. And Montreal has the hottest women cloud9.gif every visit is whiplash waiting to happen.

Sorry...but the only happening place in Canada is Montreal. Everybody knows that.

I've heard Canadian men say the same thing about Greggy's pants. confused-smiley-013.gif

foreheadslap.gif

I've heard Canadian men say the same thing about Greggy's pants. confused-smiley-013.gif

How could you tell? Don't tell me you speak Canadian too ?!?