• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st submission from home: quick question

16 posts in this topic

When giving the fair market value do you generally list the raw value of the comic, or the expected value once graded?

Either, it's your call. This is basically what you are insuring it for. I think most list the expected value once graded.

When giving the fair market value do you generally list the raw value of the comic, or the expected value once graded?

Either, it's your call. This is basically what you are insuring it for. I think most list the expected value once graded.

This is the only way to cover yourself on the return trip. If you list your $10 raw book for $10, that's what you will get for it if it is lost - even though you just paid $20 to have it encapsulated.

To protect yourself list the book at the expected value after grading.

It's covered in your shipping cost on the return trip. You cover insurance for the journey to them.

But only if you use USPS, if you use UPS it says only $100 is covered. I would prefer UPS, but am willing to change.

It's covered in your shipping cost on the return trip. You cover insurance for the journey to them.

But only if you use USPS, if you use UPS it says only $100 is covered. I would prefer UPS, but am willing to change.

Get an insurance policy from CIS. A side benefit is they will cover the full insurance on anything you ship out or that is shipped to you. All you have to do is use signature confirmation to and from. CGC automatically uses signature confirmation with UPS, so you'll be good to go. And, you'll get your books in two days instead of the full week it takes with USPS registered mail.

Get an insurance policy from CIS. A side benefit is they will cover the full insurance on anything you ship out or that is shipped to you. All you have to do is use signature confirmation to and from. CGC automatically uses signature confirmation with UPS, so you'll be good to go. And, you'll get your books in two days instead of the full week it takes with USPS registered mail.

Plus UPS is the cheapest way to ship. So if I use something like like CIS, than I no longer need to worry about shipping insurance on anything I sell provided it is signature confirmation?

Plus UPS is the cheapest way to ship. So if I use something like like CIS, than I no longer need to worry about shipping insurance on anything I sell provided it is signature confirmation?

Correct, but there are limits. I looked at my policy again and there is a $2,500 limit with UPS, USPS Insured, Priority, or Certified. It goes up to $60,000 for USPS Registered, Express, or FedEx. Those limits probably depend upon the total amount of your individual insurance policy. So you would want to talk to an agent about your specific limits.

Correct, but there are limits. I looked at my policy again and there is a $2,500 limit with UPS, USPS Insured, Priority, or Certified. It goes up to $60,000 for USPS Registered, Express, or FedEx. Those limits probably depend upon the total amount of your individual insurance policy. So you would want to talk to an agent about your specific limits.

The numbers may shift slightly depending on your own policy, but with CIS shipping Fedex and USPS Registered/Express will always get you the maximum amount of coverage.

I can understand paying for faster service, but why do fees increase with the value of the book? Are not all books graded equally in terms of thoroughness ?

Insurance for while they are at CGC.