• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much will the Action Comics #1 CGC 5.5 sell for on Heritage?

154 posts in this topic

955k with juice.

:applause:

:applause:

Nice dude. Interesting that other than the outlier 9.0....even going back a few years at more "stale" sales that are public knowledge....this slab has been trending $150K - $175K per point more recently. Even the 8.5 came in @ $176Kish per point. While the 8.0 going further back was $125K per point. So a bargain in real-time $$$

Sold for 956 000$!!

Holy smokes.

Any guesses as to what the book would have gone for in its previous 7.5 PLOD condition if they had not bothered to go back in to remove the glue that was sealing all of the tears. hm

My guess is that it would have gone for only a very small fraction of this $956K price. (shrug)

Sold for 956 000$!!

Holy smokes.

Any guesses as to what the book would have gone for in its previous 7.5 PLOD condition if they had not bothered to go back in to remove the glue that was sealing all of the tears. hm

My guess is that it would have gone for only a very small fraction of this $956K price. (shrug)

...it went for 450K in a private sale less than a month before the book was listed in the Auction...... I knew the previous owner and saw the book many times, it looked awesome with the slight (P) done to it in it's old label slab...... It's a strange world when something can be made more valuable by making it look less appealing, but then, it's out of my ballpark either way..... congrats to the new owner..... that book was well loved for many years, and only came to market when Jerry (r.i.p.) went to the great Comicon in the sky :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Sold for 956 000$!!

Holy smokes.

...it went for 450K in a private sale less than a month before the book was listed in the Auction...... I knew the previous owner and saw the book many times, it looked awesome with the slight (P) done to it in it's old label slab...... It's a strange world when something can be made more valuable by making it look less appealing, but then, it's out of my ballpark either way..... congrats to the new owner..... that book was well loved for many years, and only came to market when Jerry (r.i.p.) went to the great Comicon in the sky :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Once the taxman commeth how much meat is left on the bone?

Sold for 956 000$!!

Holy smokes.

it sold for 455 as a 7.5 plod

Sold for 956 000$!!

Holy smokes.

...it went for 450K in a private sale less than a month before the book was listed in the Auction......

it sold for 455 as a 7.5 plod

That's a strong result! Wow.

+1

Most definitely a very strong result for a restored book. (thumbs u

Is that the most that has ever been paid for a restored book so far? ???

Wonder if it would have sold for more or for less than this $450K amount if it was in a public auction format as opposed to being done in a private sales transaction? hm(shrug)