• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much will the Action Comics #1 CGC 5.5 sell for on Heritage?

154 posts in this topic

You have to keep in mind that this is all in hindsight now....... at the time, all you had was a restored book that ended up unrestored to less than a Fine with some glaring paper loss...... for it to reach 1 million was a stretch of most people's imagination...... after just losing her husband, perhaps she just wasn't in the gambling mood (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yep. I had a shot at the book (with someone else) and nobody that I know saw $1MIL on the horizon.

Even a few people that I knew were serious bidders on this thought that $750K was the range.

You have to keep in mind that this is all in hindsight now....... at the time, all you had was a restored book that ended up unrestored to less than a Fine with some glaring paper loss...... for it to reach 1 million was a stretch of most people's imagination...... after just losing her husband, perhaps she just wasn't in the gambling mood (shrug) GOD BLESS...

Yep. I had a shot at the book (with someone else) and nobody that I know saw $1MIL on the horizon.

Even a few people that I knew were serious bidders on this thought that $750K was the range.

I did too. I think Gator had it right though this book has a lot of upside to it in the near future at least.

If we are using Wallstreets Buy-Sell-Hold formula this is certainly a hold if you already own it and a buy if you can get a good price during its rise.

I just touched a nice mid grade Tec #27 (raw, probably a 6.5/7.0) two weeks ago. :)

They've had it for two decades and I'm pretty sure they'll have it for another two. :eyeroll:

How much were they asking?

It sounds as though they were not asking, as it appears to be a keeper for them. :applause:

I just touched a nice mid grade Tec #27 (raw, probably a 6.5/7.0) two weeks ago. :)

They've had it for two decades and I'm pretty sure they'll have it for another two. :eyeroll:

How much were they asking?

It sounds as though they were not asking, as it appears to be a keeper for them. :applause:

What a book (worship) if only I can have a complete copy.

Just came from Harley's hotel room.

:o

Hey, I had money for him. In return he gave me the backstory on the Action 1. Sort of..

Harley and I both saw the photocopy Gerry had on his wall when he was at Fan Expo a few years ago. He had the scan on his wall with a $600K price tag.

He kept telling Harley he'd get back to him with more info but never did.

When this story unfolded all became clear.

he had that scan for a few yêars,saw ir once a month.he told us it was something he had been saving for years'wouldnt believe what he had in his wharehouse'

At this point, I'd be happy with a complete cover-less.

I am right there with you, Peter.

Although I am not a fan of coverless books, in the case of an AC1, I would be happy to add it into the collection with pride.

A TEC27, even coverless, is an awesome book.

Maybe someday, we will each get our wish come true.

Although I am not a fan of coverless books, in the case of an AC1, I would be happy to add it into the collection with pride.

:wishluck:

Amen brother.

:wishluck:

Amen brother.

I certainly hope so too for the two of you. I guess I can't complain much.

I did too. I think Gator had it right though this book has a lot of upside to it in the near future at least.

If we are using Wallstreets Buy-Sell-Hold formula this is certainly a hold if you already own it and a buy if you can get a good price during its rise.

I told Cathy she should just keep the book...... and she wasn't in need of the money...... I guess it was a painful reminder..... Jerry was only 70. GOD BLESS....