• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink Featured Auction Summer 2016

26 posts in this topic

A placeholder thread for the clink featured auction (Summer 2016) - it looks spectacular from where I'm sitting:

Amazing-Man Comics 22

Amazing-Man Comics 26

Amazing-Man Comics 5 (Larson)

Black Cat Mystery 50 CGC 8.5

Detective Comics 33

Detective Comics 37

More Fun Comics 54

Pep Comics 34

Whiz Comics 1

Wonderworld 7

A restored but beautiful Wonder Woman 1

Great auction, going to be fun to watch.

Going to be more fun to discuss bids and results, put them here.

Is it just me or is CLink finally starting to have some real nice GA books in their past few auctions? For example, this auction has those almost impossible to find Amazing-Man books (especially the later ones), Pep 34, Whiz 1, Wonderworld #7, etc. (thumbs u

I used to never pay much attention to the CLink auctions because they seem to be primarily focused on the SA to CA books. Looks like I am going to have to take a closer look at some of their auction lots from now on. hm

Aman 26 :cloud9:

Wow, a CGC 3.0 unrestored copy of this super rare book! :cloud9:

If I remember correctly, the last copy at auction was only a CGC 2.5 graded book WITH restoration, and it still managed to hit something like $6,300 or thereabouts. :o

It'll be very interesting to see how much this unrestored copy goes for? hm

If I remember correctly, the last copy at auction was only a CGC 2.5 graded book WITH restoration, and it still managed to hit something like $6,300 or thereabouts. :o

Up until his copy I had the only cgc 3.0 universal copy (guess there are two now). So I'm particularly interested in what this goes for lol

Up until his copy I had the only cgc 3.0 universal copy (guess there are two now). So I'm particularly interested in what this goes for lol

ComicLink need to review their description then:

AMAZING-MAN COMICS #26, CGC 3.0 GVG, SINGLE HIGHEST GRADED! - Auction Begins Soon

AMAZING-MAN COMICS #26, CGC 3.0 GVG, SINGLE HIGHEST GRADED! - Auction Begins Soon

Why let facts get in the way of marketing and hype. (tsk)

It would be good if they had an automatic link to GPA for their books, similar to Heritage.

On, that's right, my bad as CL doesn't seem to interact with GPA. doh!

I think that's harsh in this case... they could have checked the census, seen one 3.0 and thought it was the copy for sale. Not recognizing the census hadn't been updated for the second copy.

I think that's harsh in this case... they could have checked the census, seen one 3.0 and thought it was the copy for sale. Not recognizing the census hadn't been updated for the second copy.

Yeah, there's always a lag in updating the census. If you check the census when you get books back from them, they're never entered in my experience. I would guess that's what happened here.

apparently cgc has two diff census for aman26. Jon with clink is working on them combining. Each census shows a single 3.0

There you go.

The Cdn books they recently CGC'd have the same problem.

CGC entered one copy with the date 1900 (ie date unknown) and one copy with date say 1942, end result, two databases.

Phegh.

There you go.

The Cdn books they recently CGC'd have the same problem.

CGC entered one copy with the date 1900 (ie date unknown) and one copy with date say 1942, end result, two databases.

Phegh.

I'm not sure the census means much with those Canadian books; I suspect that the vast majority of them are still raw because they weren't on collectors' radar until fairly recently. I have my doubts about which of them are actually rare (although some might be).