• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do some books not have a CGC census?

17 posts in this topic

Apologizes - I'm used to clicking on the Census link in GPA, and for some reason the ASMs past 575 on GPA don't have a link for the Census.

You're correct, when looking at the actual CGC census, it's all there.

Thanks, guys!

Apologizes - I'm used to clicking on the Census link in GPA, and for some reason the ASMs past 575 on GPA don't have a link for the Census.

You're correct, when looking at the actual CGC census, it's all there.

Thanks, guys!

For whatever reason, GPA doesn't include a census link for some books, even though there are copies on the census. It's the case for some GA books, so it's not just moderns.

For whatever reason, GPA doesn't include a census link for some books, even though there are copies on the census. It's the case for some GA books, so it's not just moderns.

Good to know, thanks!

All slabbed books are in the census.

Is there a lag between getting it shipped back to you and it appearing on census?

Yes. Historically, CGC has said that the submitter gets to have the books back in hand before the census makes the submission public.

So, the grading date might be 7/11, but the book probably will not appear on the 7/12 census.

It might appear on the 7/19 census, but shipping could take longer and it might not appear until 7/26 or later.

Is there a lag between getting it shipped back to you and it appearing on census?

I think the Census is updated once a week. On the landing page it tells you when the last update was, it was 7/19.

https://www.cgccomics.com/census/index.asp

Yeah, I think it gets updated on Tuesdays.

I think the Census is updated once a week. On the landing page it tells you when the last update was, it was 7/19.

https://www.cgccomics.com/census/index.asp

Yeah, I think it gets updated on Tuesdays.

Hmm... okay thanks because I saw a CGC slabbed recent-release book (like from this year) sold on Ebay that the census showed had no slabbed copies of and was wondering why it wasn't on the census yet.

I'll have to go back and find the cert # and maybe search for that particular one