• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caption this pic.....

67 posts in this topic

It's been a long time since this 'icon' has done anything but complain at SDCC.

His email:

"Still waiting for our freight to be delivered to our booth at the San Diego Comic-Con at 6:30 PM. Our 53' tractor-trailer checked in at the convention freight yard just after 8 AM this morning. You would think that our paying them $16,200 to rent our booth would have elicited some measure of competency and concern from the convention staff. Apparently not."

Way to promote the hobby......

Welcome to the trade show world. It's not unusual to have trucks in the marshaling yard for a day or two and as a rule, it's first come, first served. Another issue may be the 53' trailer. There may be a limited number of docks that can accommodate a truck that large and still allow other trucks in and out. I don't recall what the San Diego Convention Center has for docks and/or access.

lol Love me some Iron Mike

You have no idea - I went to YouTube and looked up one of his weigh ins and after fight interviews / next thing I know I lost an hour of my life. His old interviews are amazing.

It's been a long time since this 'icon' has done anything but complain at SDCC.

His email:

"Still waiting for our freight to be delivered to our booth at the San Diego Comic-Con at 6:30 PM. Our 53' tractor-trailer checked in at the convention freight yard just after 8 AM this morning. You would think that our paying them $16,200 to rent our booth would have elicited some measure of competency and concern from the convention staff. Apparently not."

Way to promote the hobby......

One comment:

sometimes show organizers make promises they can not deliver on. They may have told him his stuff would be at his booth by noon, and 6.5 hours later the stuff still isn't there.

I did a convention where they had not set up the tables for the booth yet and they were supposed to be done the day before.

One thing that puzzles me, is why is he there waiting on his own. Surely he has loads of minions to delegate to? (shrug)

Obviously a minion took the photo tho' hm

they are there - just in full work gear so hard to see...

9ef47354e6333edeb5349d15e86516d6.jpg

lol Love me some Iron Mike

You have no idea - I went to YouTube and looked up one of his weigh ins and after fight interviews / next thing I know I lost an hour of my life. His old interviews are amazing.

Youtube can be a distracting side tracking time warp. Lucky you only lost an hour on that one.....

If you get a chance, take in one of his live shows. I saw him in Vegas and on Broadway. Mike is quick on his feet.

I agree. His HBO special where he did the one man show was riveting. It was something I originally put on as background noise but was quickly entranced by for the remainder of the show. It was worth watching again to catch what I had missed in the first fifteen minutes.