• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 SDCC Report

372 posts in this topic

As usual, I was there and saw Jamie Hernandez...

IMG_1307_zpsr0hsrd14.jpg

Great report Chuck. Unsurprisingly, you have great taste in comix AND babes.

Now, the question: am I reading that sign correctly, that Los Bros are still selling original copies (verified by them) of the original B&W Love & Rockets book, for what looks to be $100??? THe same one that people have been passing photocopies off on ebay for hundreds or thousands of dollars? And if so, did you buy the whole stack and run away screaming?

It's been nearly 20 years since I have been to SDCC. I got to talk to Los Bros back then as well, but they didn't have any pre-drawn pieces for sale and they DEFINITELY didn't have any of those 1st edition books. Man alive, super super super jealous right now.

Yes... I bought two last year and he had a few people buy multiple copies last year... he was very much aware of who was buying this year and limiting them to one per person.

They are the real deal - I made CGC is aware of them last year - as they don't have the stamp - these are VRIGIN copies, straight from Jamie's private stash.

The one I have left is a dead ringer for a 9.8 if I ever get around to slabbing it.

Wow! Very cool. :headbang:

Wow, well now my admiration is turning to furious anger! ha

Now it's a matter of figuring out if Xaime is ever going to be at another convention anywhere near me...

I spent time talking with the two brothers on Thursday and on Friday I met Mario for the first time. He was a blast. He mentioned the whole family would be there Sunday. I spoke to Xaime about the b/w copies and he said he has a few left back home. He said he was getting tired of seeing the same folks line up who only purpose was to sell them in the aftermarket and was seriously considering not taking them with him anymore. :(

outside of meeting some boardies for the first time and taking in the whole SDCC experience, this was the main reason I went. He cancelled last year at Baltimore and while I did see him in Chicago I wanted to get more of the b/w and sketches.

I was the 2nd in line at the booth this year and he sold me two. I regretted not buying another pre-drawn sketch of Frogmouth he had. :cry:

27113D94-4F21-4185-AE1F-9B192EB1CEA9_zpso5xzsgrt.jpg

IMG_1534_zpsou9p9nd7.jpg

what what what? Is this for auction soon? Or dealer wall?

One of my faves. Can't and wouldn't spend the money it will command but wow thanks for sharing and if for auction will be fun to watch :popcorn:

IMG_1307_zpsr0hsrd14.jpg

Now, the question: am I reading that sign correctly, that Los Bros are still selling original copies (verified by them) of the original B&W Love & Rockets book, for what looks to be $100??? THe same one that people have been passing photocopies off on ebay for hundreds or thousands of dollars? And if so, did you buy the whole stack and run away screaming?

It's been nearly 20 years since I have been to SDCC. I got to talk to Los Bros back then as well, but they didn't have any pre-drawn pieces for sale and they DEFINITELY didn't have any of those 1st edition books. Man alive, super super super jealous right now.

Yes... I bought two last year and he had a few people buy multiple copies last year... he was very much aware of who was buying this year and limiting them to one per person.

They are the real deal - I made CGC is aware of them last year - as they don't have the stamp - these are VRIGIN copies, straight from Jamie's private stash.

The one I have left is a dead ringer for a 9.8 if I ever get around to slabbing it.

Now it's a matter of figuring out if Xaime is ever going to be at another convention anywhere near me...

I spent time talking with the two brothers on Thursday and on Friday I met Mario for the first time. He was a blast. He mentioned the whole family would be there Sunday. I spoke to Xaime about the b/w copies and he said he has a few left back home. He said he was getting tired of seeing the same folks line up who only purpose was to sell them in the aftermarket and was seriously considering not taking them with him anymore. :(

outside of meeting some boardies for the first time and taking in the whole SDCC experience, this was the main reason I went. He cancelled last year at Baltimore and while I did see him in Chicago I wanted to get more of the b/w and sketches.

I was the 2nd in line at the booth this year and he sold me two. I regretted not buying another pre-drawn sketch of Frogmouth he had. :cry:

Thank you again Hector for pointing out that he had a few available! (worship)

&

Bravo Chuck for such a great report! I missed more than half of what you've posted!

I asked. She didn't. Hence the giggle.

I'll bite. What were you asking them?

What she used underneath her costume. Which is the proper way to ask.

If they look uneasy about it, add, "It has to be uncomfortable at times, right?"

Let them know it's about aesthetics, and not... ya know... being a perv.

IMG_1307_zpsr0hsrd14.jpg

Nice!

Yeah, I got my inked Frogmouth a couple of years ago...

8xxkikBc_0109151941121.jpg

IMG_1534_zpsou9p9nd7.jpg

what what what? Is this for auction soon? Or dealer wall?

One of my faves. Can't and wouldn't spend the money it will command but wow thanks for sharing and if for auction will be fun to watch :popcorn:

I was afraid to look at it for too long as I thought Neal might charge me for it.