• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 SDCC Report

372 posts in this topic

As usual, I was there and saw Jamie Hernandez...

IMG_1307_zpsr0hsrd14.jpg

Great report Chuck. Unsurprisingly, you have great taste in comix AND babes.

Now, the question: am I reading that sign correctly, that Los Bros are still selling original copies (verified by them) of the original B&W Love & Rockets book, for what looks to be $100??? THe same one that people have been passing photocopies off on ebay for hundreds or thousands of dollars? And if so, did you buy the whole stack and run away screaming?

It's been nearly 20 years since I have been to SDCC. I got to talk to Los Bros back then as well, but they didn't have any pre-drawn pieces for sale and they DEFINITELY didn't have any of those 1st edition books. Man alive, super super super jealous right now.

IMG_1307_zpsr0hsrd14.jpg

Now, the question: am I reading that sign correctly, that Los Bros are still selling original copies (verified by them) of the original B&W Love & Rockets book, for what looks to be $100??? THe same one that people have been passing photocopies off on ebay for hundreds or thousands of dollars? And if so, did you buy the whole stack and run away screaming?

It's been nearly 20 years since I have been to SDCC. I got to talk to Los Bros back then as well, but they didn't have any pre-drawn pieces for sale and they DEFINITELY didn't have any of those 1st edition books. Man alive, super super super jealous right now.

I think that says "It's a real one, honest!" on the sign - sounds like some good old fashioned sarcasm. I mean, otherwise, you're correct, the right answer would be to buy the whole stack and run away screaming lol

IMG_1307_zpsr0hsrd14.jpg

Yes... I bought two last year and he had a few people buy multiple copies last year... he was very much aware of who was buying this year and limiting them to one per person.

They are the real deal - I made CGC is aware of them last year - as they don't have the stamp - these are VRIGIN copies, straight from Jamie's private stash.

The one I have left is a dead ringer for a 9.8 if I ever get around to slabbing it.

Spider Sense must not be working!

IMG_1558_zps9xyfyxoj.jpg

Ok, am gonna go ahead and give the Ultimate Geek award to the dude in the glasses, wearing the Star Trek uni with the Alien mask on his face hm

The legendary Russ Heath...his Sgt. Rock cover was my best seller this year of the 3 Overstreets.

IMG_1371_zpsyqnbtzce.jpg

Unannounced signature opportunity, or just a brief appearance? He's hard to nail down!

He was hard to nail down, as he was only at the Diamond booth signing for an hour and a half. I believe it was announced. If you managed to catch him, you can consider yourself extremely lucky. (thumbs u

IMG_1307_zpsr0hsrd14.jpg

Yes... I bought two last year and he had a few people buy multiple copies last year... he was very much aware of who was buying this year and limiting them to one per person.

They are the real deal - I made CGC is aware of them last year - as they don't have the stamp - these are VRIGIN copies, straight from Jamie's private stash.

The one I have left is a dead ringer for a 9.8 if I ever get around to slabbing it.

Wow! Very cool. :headbang: