• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 SDCC Report

372 posts in this topic

Found this in an old wizard mag

B5F6A2C7-4BC2-43D4-8FCC-3C515678090C_zpsnraf1koq.jpg

I went to that show. I was especially happy to meet Irv Novick. Being a GA guy and loving the old MLJ books. I don't think he made many comic con appearances.

I remember Gil Kane being a bit of a tool though. I had had Marty O'Dell sign my Showcase #22 because he created the "original" Green Lantern. He and Kane must have had a "tiff" because he wouldn't sign my book because that "hack" as he put it signed it. Luckily, Julius Schwartz was in the booth and convinced him to do it.

comshowcase22b_zps3bp3wuvf.jpg

Very, very cool!

I asked. She didn't. Hence the giggle.

IMG_1604_zps7sguegco.jpg

:o

Huh...pretty sure she was J.Scott Campbell's girlfriend at some point and he used her as the model for his Slave Leia art. This was a while back, she still looks the same!

Thanks as well for sharing the photos. I was there, and I missed a bunch of this! There's really no way to capture the experience (even if you're there, you won't see it all!), but very cool of you to do this.

I went to that show. I was especially happy to meet Irv Novick. Being a GA guy and loving the old MLJ books. I don't think he made many comic con appearances.

I remember Gil Kane being a bit of a tool though. I had had Marty O'Dell sign my Showcase #22 because he created the "original" Green Lantern. He and Kane must have had a "tiff" because he wouldn't sign my book because that "hack" as he put it signed it. Luckily, Julius Schwartz was in the booth and convinced him to do it.

Very, very cool!

I was at that show as well. Carl Barks was there with Gladstone, and I got his autograph on the (I believe) show exclusive comic. It was $10. Still got it around somewhere!

Very, very cool!

I was at that show as well. Carl Barks was there with Gladstone, and I got his autograph on the (I believe) show exclusive comic. It was $10. Still got it around somewhere!

I don't believe Barks was at that particular show but I could of course, be wrong. I know he was at several others. I got his autograph on a couple books at San Diego cons. He, (like all artists back then), didn't charge me anything.