• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,301 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Dont you hate it even more when some twerp posts a similar copy to yours then tells you he only paid $351 for it in 2009?

Planet Comics #71 CGC 8.0.jpg

And it's got way better colors! :cry:

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

I wish that strategy worked with my wife!! 

Maybe find some tied up men covers or something;) I've always told people I like those books for the COLORS...I really don't care whether the women have clothes on or not, lol.

7 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Maybe find some tied up men covers or something;) I've always told people I like those books for the COLORS...I really don't care whether the women have clothes on or not, lol.

I believe there are a couple of covers where the men are tied up and being rescued by the female character on this run, I'll see if I can dig up a photo or two 

From the GCD, mine is lower grade.. The problem for me with this one, and with a few of them, is the woman's body looks like a man's she's got incredibly broad shoulders and the guy's face looks like a woman's.  I'm not sure this would entice a "wife' to bid that high;) but one never knows.

Cover for Planet Comics (Fiction House, 1940 series) #46

10 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

From the GCD, mine is lower grade.. The problem for me with this one, and with a few of them, is the woman's body looks like a man's she's got incredibly broad shoulders and the guy's face looks like a woman's.  I'm not sure this would entice a "wife' to bid that high;) but one never knows.

Cover for Planet Comics (Fiction House, 1940 series) #46

I have thought similar things before.  I have always wondered if the initial art for this issue was reversed in terms of a Man saving the woman as was typical in Planet Covers, and they decided to change this one up?

Just now, jhutton2 said:

I have thought similar things before.  I have always wondered if the initial art for this issue was reversed in terms of a Man saving the woman as was typical in Planet Covers, and they decided to change this one up?

+1.

I had a really nice copy of this, beautiful colours although technically it was only a 6.0. The woman's body freaked me out so much, hence I let it go.

16 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Freaks me out, too, lol....that's why I never upgraded;) and I've thought the same thing about them switching genders. :foryou:

Yeah, probably the worst of the 73 covers. Interesting hypothesis about the gender swap. Actually makes a lot of sense. I’m glad I didn’t shell out a lot of $$ on that one. 

28 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

It’s always been between Phantom Lady 18 and planet Comics 65 for me for my all-time favorite cover. I think this one has overtaken both of them for me over the last few months. 

Those are all great covers, hard pressed to give a fav on those. But that Phantom Lady 18 is pretty awsome. :cloud9: