• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

Wow Rick, you are on fire with the Planets.  I saw that 58 went for pretty cheap considering how nice it looks and wondered if you'd got it.  And great scores on the 1 and 13.  Let me know if you want to let go of any undercopies after all your recent upgrades! !:wishluck:

Besides the robot covers, I think that number 2 is probably my favorite issue in the run. 

The colors are incredible. :x

1 hour ago, newshane said:

Besides the robot covers, I think that number 2 is probably my favorite issue in the run. 

The colors are incredible. :x

I agree #2 is my favorite.

They are! I think they are about as good as they can be considering the wear on the book.

3 minutes ago, domuhnator said:

They are! I think they are about as good as they can be considering the wear on the book.

Nice job on getting a very appealing #2 -- bet the cost got more reasonable with the missing back cover, but the cover itself retains a ton of eye appeal! :)

5 hours ago, domuhnator said:

Issue 2 is another Planet that has a lot of variance of color saturation and difference in hues.

My copy has very bright and strong yellows and greens:

PlanetComics2front_zpsffd05a1c.jpg

Then there are copies with very strong blues and reds:

Plan2.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

9 hours ago, domuhnator said:

4 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Issue 2 is another Planet that has a lot of variance of color saturation and difference in hues.

My copy has very bright and strong yellows and greens:

PlanetComics2front_zpsffd05a1c.jpg

Then there are copies with very strong blues and reds:

Plan2.jpg

Totally agree. Planet #2 is my favorite Planet. The colors, the artist (Lou Fine), the furry tongue-lolling monster, the second rivet cover, “Spurt Hammond” (!), etc.

Here’s mine, though the photo doesn’t do it justice:

D7D10E95-CE84-4D9B-9AA1-232779915AFF.thumb.jpeg.bbc66945d1ee691d092a2d5a3f66c6a3.jpeg

18 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I like 13 as well. I like my copy, it has strong colors. While it denotes brittle, it was in a very small spot.

PlanetComics13CGC40front_zps83d6f6b2.jpg

Nice book ??

I’ve always thought 13 has a great back cover as most back covers are somewhat drab...

8342F210-99C1-488E-83AA-DDDA6FFFEC2A.jpeg

Edited by kelholt