• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

On 5/8/2018 at 12:57 PM, originalisbest said:

Nice job on getting a very appealing #2 -- bet the cost got more reasonable with the missing back cover, but the cover itself retains a ton of eye appeal! :)

Thanks so much! I got a nice bundle deal on it and a Famous funnies 213.

On 5/8/2018 at 6:01 PM, Artboy99 said:

Issue 2 is another Planet that has a lot of variance of color saturation and difference in hues.

My copy has very bright and strong yellows and greens:

PlanetComics2front_zpsffd05a1c.jpg

Then there are copies with very strong blues and reds:

Plan2.jpg

Oh wow that is a lot of variation. These Fiction house books are funny man. It seems no two have the same color strike.

On 5/8/2018 at 10:43 PM, Zolnerowich said:

Totally agree. Planet #2 is my favorite Planet. The colors, the artist (Lou Fine), the furry tongue-lolling monster, the second rivet cover, “Spurt Hammond” (!), etc.

Here’s mine, though the photo doesn’t do it justice:

D7D10E95-CE84-4D9B-9AA1-232779915AFF.thumb.jpeg.bbc66945d1ee691d092a2d5a3f66c6a3.jpeg

Yea there are so many things to like about the cover, The Monsters are certainly unique. I really like the nice touch of the monster getting blasted by the ship in the background.

Lovely copy! if you ever want to downgrade let me know :foryou:

2 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Extremely happy to have relocated a couple of distant Planets long absent from my collection. Thanks for the assist Jason! Amazing feat to have put the whole run together - a feat I will never come close to matching!

planet comics #38.jpg

756BDD97-7D7A-4BDD-A525-1ADB2E93E292.thumb.jpeg.f440728c6ed3c7dfc12eeea195b0fe70.jpeg

Superb!

I just received an invoice from Heritage Auctions for the Planet Comics 16 CGC 8.5. I watched it on the live bidding and I know I was outbid and lost. I even have a record of the losing bid. But now I have an invoice. Does that mean I actually won the book? :wishluck:

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

I just received an invoice from Heritage Auctions for the Planet Comics 16 CGC 8.5. I watched it on the live bidding and I know I was outbid and lost. I even have a record of the losing bid. But now I have an invoice. Does that mean I actually won the book? :wishluck:

Sold for: $1,553.50 includes Buyer's Premium (BP) 

21 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Took a bit of time to get my 30 Planets in the same orbit. Now, as the rules demand, a group shot it is.

dByq4k5.jpg

The 15 is my favorite of the group, but the RED on your 11 is making my eyes go :whee:

Hi Guys. :hi:

After a lengthy break of almost a year the GRR will be kicking into gear again in the near future hopefully.

At last time of posting I'd managed to upload complete interiors to the first 14 Planets and I will hope to continue with this run. Those of you with slabbed copies may be particularly interested to read them if you haven't already. 

Tonight I've been thru the entire thread of 359 pages and indexed where every book begins, something I should have kept on top of, so I made a rod for my own back.

Anyways its done now and will be updated as and when any new book gets added.

Here are the location of the Planets so far...

For newbies who've never heard of it, it's called the GOLD READING ROOM aka The GRR.

All the best

Paul.

• PLANET COMICS 1  Page 107
  • PLANET COMICS 2  Page 129
  • PLANET COMICS 3  Page 159
  • PLANET COMICS 4  Page 177
  • PLANET COMICS 5  Page 198
  • PLANET COMICS 6  Page 216
  • PLANET COMICS 7  Page 234
  • PLANET COMICS 8  Page 253
  • PLANET COMICS 9  Page 289
  • PLANET COMICS 10  Page 310
  • PLANET COMICS 11  Page 319
  • PLANET COMICS 12  Page 328
  • PLANET COMICS 13  Page 342
  • PLANET COMICS 14  Page 355

smallergoldchairs.JPG.c5c7026da118a0fe117cec1bb41f56e7.JPG

Edited by Grantley Goddard

On 5/14/2018 at 4:28 PM, Zolnerowich said:

Took a bit of time to get my 30 Planets in the same orbit. Now, as the rules demand, a group shot it is.

dByq4k5.jpg

You are hooked and there is no cure lol

2 hours ago, Grantley Goddard said:

Hi Guys. :hi:

After a lengthy break of almost a year the GRR will be kicking into gear again in the near future hopefully.

At last time of posting I'd managed to upload complete interiors to the first 14 Planets and I will hope to continue with this run. Those of you with slabbed copies may be particularly interested to read them if you haven't already. 

Tonight I've been thru the entire thread of 359 pages and indexed where every book begins, something I should have kept on top of, so I made a rod for my own back.

Anyways its done now and will be updated as and when any new book gets added.

Here are the location of the Planets so far...

For newbies who've never heard of it, it's called the GOLD READING ROOM aka The GRR.

All the best

Paul.

• PLANET COMICS 1  Page 107
  • PLANET COMICS 2  Page 129
  • PLANET COMICS 3  Page 159
  • PLANET COMICS 4  Page 177
  • PLANET COMICS 5  Page 198
  • PLANET COMICS 6  Page 216
  • PLANET COMICS 7  Page 234
  • PLANET COMICS 8  Page 253
  • PLANET COMICS 9  Page 289
  • PLANET COMICS 10  Page 310