• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,199 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Thanks Zolne! I can tell you, my wallet is feeling it big time. I wish I was half way there. I think I am 20 issues into the run now. 

However I just made a sad discovery!  I guess I’m not too thourough when I inspect my new books.  I knew that my copy of Planet 6 had a split spine and was reattached with tape, but I just realized the back cover is the wrong one! Very bummed. I have just reached out to the seller.  Does anyone know what book this back cover actually belongs to?

871B7C68-D0E1-4D1D-96CE-7332653B2F0F.jpeg

04CB628F-1013-43BA-9113-13E42B214CF7.jpeg

E7EDCD94-0629-4FC0-8B92-9E5609FEC9DF.jpeg

Wow. That so totally stinks.

I did some sleuthing on Comic Book Plus. That back cover comes from Wings Comics #3 (Fiction House). So at least the scoundrel was smart enough to use a page from the same publisher.  See photos below.

271621202_ScreenShot2018-08-28at11_30_04PM.png.7b3c8483decbf5a75e87bcb95f3e3aea.png

331974329_ScreenShot2018-08-28at11_34_59PM.png.a993af98e2c79a7c3d9ab385ece2f2d9.png

4 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Wow. That so totally stinks.

I did some sleuthing on Comic Book Plus. That back cover comes from Wings Comics #3 (Fiction House). So at least the scoundrel was smart enough to use a page from the same publisher.  See photos below.

271621202_ScreenShot2018-08-28at11_30_04PM.png.7b3c8483decbf5a75e87bcb95f3e3aea.png

331974329_ScreenShot2018-08-28at11_34_59PM.png.a993af98e2c79a7c3d9ab385ece2f2d9.png

Thanks for doing the detective work Jay! at least I know which back cover is attached to my Planet 6 now. 

It’s just sad because I knew it was a low grade copy of Planet 6 but I was still thinking it could receive a 1.5 or so from CGC (although I likely wouldn’t ever sub it) and now it is a .5 incomplete for sure after I take off that Wings 3 back cover. I won’t return it though, I need a Planet 6 even if it is a placeholder to help me complete my run. 

12 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

It’s just sad because I knew it was a low grade copy of Planet 6 but I was still thinking it could receive a 1.5 or so from CGC (although I likely wouldn’t ever sub it) and now it is a .5 incomplete for sure after I take off that Wings 3 back cover. I won’t return it though, I need a Planet 6 even if it is a placeholder to help me complete my run. 

Best of luck on a complete run! Been a handful short a couple times and never quite got there.  

16 hours ago, Spyder! said:

I would also say to keep it, as it is a Planet 6 which is a difficult book to come by.

15 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Best of luck on a complete run! Been a handful short a couple times and never quite got there.  

Would be nice for some complete run company on these boards. I think I am the only board member with a complete run unless Metropolis owner Stephen Fishler is a board member...

10 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Would be nice for some complete run company on these boards. I think I am the only board member with a complete run unless Metropolis owner Stephen Fishler is a board member...

If I ever get there it will be years from now, but it seems like a fun way to spend my time and money, so I will try. 

I thought @Zolnerowich was close to a complete run. I wonder if he finished it?

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

1 hour ago, Spyder! said:

If I ever get there it will be years from now, but it seems like a fun way to spend my time and money, so I will try. 

I thought @Zolnerowich was close to a complete run. I wonder if he finished it?

Let's just say I'm 99% of the way to the finish line. I hit a last-minute snag, not uncommon in these marathon races. Stay tuned -- you'll hear it here first! 

21 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Thanks Zolne! I can tell you, my wallet is feeling it big time. I wish I was half way there. I think I am 20 issues into the run now. 

However I just made a sad discovery!  I guess I’m not too thourough when I inspect my new books.  I knew that my copy of Planet 6 had a split spine and was reattached with tape, but I just realized the back cover is the wrong one! Very bummed. I have just reached out to the seller.  Does anyone know what book this back cover actually belongs to?

871B7C68-D0E1-4D1D-96CE-7332653B2F0F.jpeg

04CB628F-1013-43BA-9113-13E42B214CF7.jpeg

E7EDCD94-0629-4FC0-8B92-9E5609FEC9DF.jpeg

It was already posted, but here is my front and back just in case:

PlanetComics6.jpg

Plan6 back.jpg

1 hour ago, SuperGrover said:

That is Awesome, where did you find that?

Just on EBay. I got lucky, I had a break between meetings at work, saw it, put in an offer and seller accepted! I’m thrilled.

14 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I saw it the minute it came on and considered it. Nice get of one of the very toughest!

Thanks for letting me grab that one Rick!