• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

I don't think Church had a 15 but i could be wrong the photo used in the Gerber was not the Mile High that i do know.

And those copies are going to go for rather high prices :cry: 

Edited by comicjack

1 hour ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Sweet!

Is there a way to see any others?

I was conversing with Redbeard about this last night. I told him of the announcement and wondered if he might be in the running. He brought up a very good point that I hadn't thought about. The page quality. Chuck sold Burrell Rowe many if not most of the FH books. When Burrell got tired of the hobby, he stored his books in a hot Texas garage for quite some time. This could result in some less than favorable page quality. Although, I doubt it will have any major affect on the bidding because, they after all, are the MH copies of a very coveted run of the king of FH books. 

26 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

I think I had a window accidentally - they are no longer visible. There were no other scans, but I recall #39, #42, #44, #49, #50 and #60. Grades varied between 9.6 and 9.8.

A Planet 39 in 9.6/9.8?  I see a lot more sales threads from @Ricksneatstuff in the coming days. :cloud9:

39 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Just checked the census. My #71 has been joined by another 9.0. There is now a #66 in 8.0. My #65 remains top census for now. The two 9.6 copies of #58 have not been matched or topped as yet. Lucky me.

Planet Comics #58 CGC 9.6.jpg

The #1 is in a 2nd gen holder, so the census may already include the Church run. 

47 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

That 9.4 has been there since 2012

Be aware that cgcdata.com is a fantastic tool, created and maintained by one of our own, that provides an array of specific info on census data, including date origination

For #53, there are two new additions, both 7.5, graded 8/7 and 8/28

I have never dived into that degree. Will try to soon. Just didn’t notice it.

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

21 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Not as exiting as the Church copies, but I’m very happy that my #13 has arrived!

515FC6A1-4E1C-40C0-A182-30E4CBE525C5.jpeg

Planets are everything that Goldenage has to offer from GGA to crazy stories of the future and will always be well loved :headbang: