• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2021 at 7:33 AM, goldenacase said:

On the subject of Planet 2 I have been holding off for a mid grade one for a few years after losing a nice raw one on ebay a while back I won this last Sunday on Heritage wish it was a higher grade not brittle... but finally a #2 is on the way:whee:

lf-29.jpeg

Great looking colors on that copy!!!

On 2/7/2021 at 12:56 PM, Spyder! said:

Seeing the Planet 2s posted by @Miamiknight3434 and @goldenacase inspired me to pull my Planet 2 out of the box.  
Brittle pages on mine too. This was an upgrade from when Jason sold off his rivets. I previously had a 1.5 copy with slightly brittle pages.
Let’s see everyone’s Planet 2!

4A3CC29A-437C-4931-A94D-5583A98B6049.jpeg

Another lovely copy! Really deep saturated colors! 

2 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Just now catching up on this Splendiferous Planet Comics festival!!!!! So many great books posted here.

Without further ado...

1404545882_ScreenShot2021-02-16at10_00_18PM.thumb.jpg.20eace582a75833e243d8459e7d3b6c4.jpg

Dang! Zolne catching up in style! 
Tomorrow is issue 10. Don’t bother showing us your nasty old copy :baiting:

10 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I still think about this day with a smile...and a tear. It was Church on a Friday:foryou:

I ended up getting one or two more and then let them go. I’m ready to buy them all back though if anyone is so inclined. I still have lesser copies of all those issues.

Lately I have been buying more original art and animation art but Planet Comics and Planet Stories pulps are definitely my true love in golden age books. 

C7C75075-9AFB-49A0-87E7-CA154962E6B6.jpeg

LOVE IT!!! Five Guys and Six Planets! xD

That Church Planet auction was a once-in-a-lifetime event.

16 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I like that as a title for this photo :smile: It was one of the happiest days I have had in the hobby for sure.

Yeah, looking back I wish I had gone even further and won more.

It is funny how almost all the regrets in comics are:

A. Not buying more or bidding higher

B. Selling something you wish you had kept

Any of the times you overpaid for something seem to wash away and they are no longer a regret, at least that has been my experience anyway.

I completely agree, especially with B.  The amount paid and whether or not I feel like I overpaid for something tends to fade away, but letting go of a book you wish you had kept sticks with you!