• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Also at this time Roy Thomas of PS Artbooks publicly asked for scans of a Planet 15 in high resolution. I gave it some thought then decided to help him out and I cracked the book. I scanned the entire book both front and back covers including the inside of the covers in very high resolution and sent the images to him.

I think it is very cool it is my Planet Comics 15 in the PS Artbooks publication!

For which I thank you from the bottom of my bookshelf!

IMG_20210222_090309.jpg

13 hours ago, mwotka said:

Scrolling down this page, you wouldn't think 14 is such a rare book...  8 listed so far, out of 26 on the census.  Not bad.

Wish mine had better PQ, but what are you gonna do.  Just happy to have it!

And Sharon, you are welcome to post any to catch up a bit, we love seeing what everyone has!  

Planet 14.jpg

Lovely copy!

Interesting, a few years ago there were only 15-16 Universal copies of #14. There's now 22, plus 4 restored. Looks like our lavish attention to #14 has chased out another 50% of copies.

The same can be said for #15: from 15-16 Universal copies a few years ago; now there are 20, plus 4 restored and 1 qualified.

1 minute ago, Zolnerowich said:

Lovely copy!

Interesting, a few years ago there were only 15-16 Universal copies of #14. There's now 22, plus 4 restored. Looks like our lavish attention to #14 has chased out another 50% of copies.

The same can be said for #15: from 15-16 Universal copies a few years ago; now there are 20, plus 4 restored and 1 qualified.

Money brings them out :smile:

23 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Lovely copy!

I sent my 14 in last year so I am one of those new graded copies. My 15 was the qualified, now it is conserved so scratch one qualified off that list.

20 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Love seeing all the books, I do not have a #15, it's the reason I gave up on the run, I kept getting outbid when I thought I was bidding too much, lol;)  I'm in a middle of 2 projects, so I don't really have time to keep up this week, however, I will post this,   one of my favorite parts of my Planet collection. I'm pretty sure the page is Fran Hopper.

1309307595_planetart.thumb.jpg.4e1d4d215271cf9123a24b67b17b0ce7.jpg

THAT -- IS -- TREMENDOUS !!!  :golfclap:

9 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I sent my 14 in last year so I am one of those new graded copies. My 15 was the qualified, now it is conserved so scratch one qualified off that list.

Excellent info! Looks like the 14 and 15 remain neck to neck.