• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

Stunning stuff from everyone!  Great looking back at those books, Cheetah.  I know you sold off your collection but I can't recall, did you keep any issue or issues that you just couldn't part with?

3 hours ago, mwotka said:

Stunning stuff from everyone!  Great looking back at those books, Cheetah.  I know you sold off your collection but I can't recall, did you keep any issue or issues that you just couldn't part with?

I sold them all.  If I kept a few I would have kept them all.    I finally sold the last of my jungles and jumbos about a year and a half ago. 

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

wanted to share this in case you guys dont check my completed run thread.

Just got this back from CGC and I am thrilled!

9.4 white pages double cover!

The ink got printed offset on the cover as well, making it a rather unique book.

Planet Comics 48 9.4 double cover.jpg

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

I love that cover, and was very excited to find it as an actual Planet!

Australian #15. It is the only copy I have ever seen, and I sent it to be graded. 

PlanetComics15NZ_zps1de041db.jpg

20191015_161103.jpg

Karl, these 2 books are just so cool!  I’m glad your double cover Planet 48 came back with such a high grade. Out of register and double cover.  I think it’s got to be the most desirable copy of 48 out there.

3 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I love that cover, and was very excited to find it as an actual Planet!

Australian #15. It is the only copy I have ever seen, and I sent it to be graded. 

PlanetComics15NZ_zps1de041db.jpg

20191015_161103.jpg

I collect the Australian versions of Planet. Any chance of a sale?

Dikko

6 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

wanted to share this in case you guys dont check my completed run thread.

Just got this back from CGC and I am thrilled!

9.4 white pages double cover!

The ink got printed offset on the cover as well, making it a rather unique book.

Planet Comics 48 9.4 double cover.jpg

Man this book is awesome congrats on the grade and thanks for sharing! :cloud9:(worship)

I am a bit late to The Planet #1 party as well . I first received Howard Rogofsky’s list in the 1960s and marveled at pages of old comics I had never seen or heard of , including a intriguing title listed as Planet Comics . I was in Las Vegas no old book or thrift shops to find comics and to tell the truth I had no idea what a Planet 1 looked like. I spotted a Planet 1 on Ed Dobolak’s list in 1970s bought it and was hooked . This is a meager coverless copy outer wrap missing but liked the stories and was hooked .

image.jpg