• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Did you guys see this? That’s a shocking price to me

0AA17468-4440-496B-8786-ACC655FCCBDD.jpeg

Yes agreed. I was also completely shocked by this one and issue 40. Mostly because these issues are not typically that highly sought after compared to many others in the run.  Amazing books though and congrats to the winners.

20 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Did you guys see this? That’s a shocking price to me

0AA17468-4440-496B-8786-ACC655FCCBDD.jpeg

World's gone mad.

This earlier sale took my breath away too.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/planet-comics-19-fiction-house-1942-cgc-fn-vf-70-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/122107-15478.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

[Thankfully I have one just like it.]

8 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

I have to say, compared to other GA prices we have been seeing, the world has gone mad to not buy these Planet Comics for these prices. 

I would take that 19 for that for sure and given that the Church copy sales was nearly 3 years ago and prices have gone up so much since then I think the Planets were some of the best deals in the collection.

3 minutes ago, MattTheDuck said:

My first Planet Comics (and first Golden Age book if you can believe it) arrived today, courtesy of MCS.

Planet - 42.jpg

Congrats! And welcome to the Planet addict support group. The only cure is to buy more Planets.

14 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

6 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I have to say, compared to other GA prices we have been seeing, the world has gone mad to not buy these Planet Comics for these prices. 

I would take that 19 for that for sure and given that the Church copy sales was nearly 3 years ago and prices have gone up so much since then I think the Planets were some of the best deals in the collection.

I agree with Rick here. Especially when it comes to these classic and beautiful Rivet covers, including Planet 19 (disclaimer: one of my top fave Planets). These are still selling at semi-reasonable prices, compared to some of the other genres in this exploding market. 

Buy now or regret later! :grin:

2 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

I agree with Rick here. Especially when it comes to these classic and beautiful Rivet covers, including Planet 19 (disclaimer: one of my top fave Planets). These are still selling at semi-reasonable prices, compared to some of the other genres in this exploding market. 

Buy now or regret later! :grin:

Now retired, I can repent at leisure! I confess I've been paying absolutely no attention to prices for quite some time.

1 minute ago, Spyder! said:

Also added this copy of 32.

These boards are the best :foryou:

48/73 issues down 

660F1F87-795F-4E5B-9435-25DA2F76D939.jpeg

You do realise, you've done this before?

Now you're doin' it again?

Not criticising, I have many dubious comic habits. Just sayin' :baiting: