• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about a classic rock concert at Wizard World Chicago?
1 1

386 posts in this topic

i have never been into the moshing heavy thrash metal. i like to listen to a singer that i can understand his vocals. to each their own i reckon.

I also don't like music that's too heavy.

While S.O.A.D. does have some songs that have some screaming, for the most part their music is melodic but heavy. And they really have an original sound. They bring Middle Eastern flavor to heavy rock. It's a very unique sound.

All the songs we're doing will be songs with understandable vocals. :headbang:

9:30PM WIZARD WORLD COMIC CON SUPERGROUP BAND: DALEK 2099

Sparked by a conversation at the hotel bar over a few drinks at Wizard World Chicago 2015, a cover band has been formed and is making its debut appearance! Members include Roy Delic (Vintage Comics), Matt Nelson (CGC), John Dolmayan (Torpedo Comics & System Of A Down), Simon Bisley (Comic Artist Icon) and James Hazely (Cockeyed Ghost). They will play classic covers and crowd favorites at Adobe Gilas, 5455 Park Pl, #2, Rosemont, IL 60018. Ages 21+, FREE entry with Wizard World Wristband.

Wow, Delic wanting his name in lights as usual. Don't think we don't catch the subtle name change.

I can see it now "New rock singer legend discovered at Comic book show". Agents fighting, movie rights, the red carpet, guest appearances on America's got talent.

This is the first I've heard of this name. I actually had a flyer made up with a different band name. Obviously the proper band name was Delic 2099.

Just kidding. Someone has their wires crossed. Band name was supposed to be Press (John's idea).

Does Bisley actually rock out?

Bis actually won't be playing. That is a change we made in the last two weeks. He's just been too busy to practice. He does play bass.

Bis actually won't be playing. That is a change we made in the last two weeks. He's just been too busy to practice. He does play bass.

That's pretty cool. I like his artwork

9:30PM WIZARD WORLD COMIC CON SUPERGROUP BAND: DALEK 2099

Sparked by a conversation at the hotel bar over a few drinks at Wizard World Chicago 2015, a cover band has been formed and is making its debut appearance! Members include Roy Delic (Vintage Comics), Matt Nelson (CGC), John Dolmayan (Torpedo Comics & System Of A Down), Simon Bisley (Comic Artist Icon) and James Hazely (Cockeyed Ghost). They will play classic covers and crowd favorites at Adobe Gilas, 5455 Park Pl, #2, Rosemont, IL 60018. Ages 21+, FREE entry with Wizard World Wristband.

Wow, Delic wanting his name in lights as usual. Don't think we don't catch the subtle name change.

I can see it now "New rock singer legend discovered at Comic book show". Agents fighting, movie rights, the red carpet, guest appearances on America's got talent.

This is the first I've heard of this name. I actually had a flyer made up with a different band name. Obviously the proper band name was Delic 2099.

Just kidding. Someone has their wires crossed. Band name was supposed to be Press (John's idea).

I think the band name should be Roy Would at Wizard.

If Glenn Hughes is free you could cover all your basses, vocals too. hm

All teasing aside, this performance should be a lotta fun. :popcorn:

He's a hilarious cat to be around in person. You never know what to expect when Simon is around!

He's a hilarious cat to be around in person. You never know what to expect when Simon is around!

That's great to hear. I'd love to meet him at a con some day

Big thanks to ComicsAndCode for the terrific job he did on the flyer.

We went with a 70's / 80's West Hollywood convert flyer vibe. The graphic is John's from one of his FB pages. Hope you like it.

press-show-flyer_zps6quvs40r.png

Big thanks to ComicsAndCode for the terrific job he did on the flyer.

We went with a 70's / 80's West Hollywood convert flyer vibe. The graphic is John's from one of his FB pages. Hope you like it.

press-show-flyer_zps6quvs40r.png

:headbang::applause::banana:

Looking at the membership & name evolution of this group weren't you guys originally the Crackers & Pressers? hm

Checked out the venue today. Lots of room (both standing and sitting) and good food.

Looking forward to the show. Hope most people who are around for the show can make it!

Checked out the venue today. Lots of room (both standing and sitting) and good food.

Looking forward to the show. Hope most people who are around for the show can make it!

We'll be there (fingers crossed). There are dinners scheduled just about every night, but this would be great for burning off excess calories. Also wanna see Greggy swan-dive into the mosh pit and record it for posterity. :grin: