• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Gem

61 posts in this topic

Am I being trolled? sort of feels like it...Just asking ..I know I'm new here and expect a bit of hazing I guess or I totally came off wrong..I hope that's not the case...

Nope.

Some advice for happiness and success in this forum.

1) Don't post anything for at least a week.

2) Read everything you can. That includes, especially, forum rules for posting.

3) That includes not making offers in a person's sales thread.

4) That includes asking a seller to make you an offer in a sales thread.

5) Use the "Private Message" system for anything meant to be a one on one communication. (See 3 and 4)

6) Wait a while before trying to sell anything.

7) If you want to sell something, and it's for any real money (more than $100) and you're going to post a picture make sure it's big and clear.

8) Realize some losers on this board have been here 14+ years and have seen every manner of sales pitch, "gee whiz look what I found in a collection" post, and every other not-trying-to-sell-this-ok-yes-I-am post.

9) Did I mention not posting anything for at least a week? Ok make it a month.

You'll thank me. It's somewhat of a dysfunctional little community here. You'll be able to buy and sell and trade and discuss all you want here once people get to know you a little and don't feel like you're here for the bucks and not also the yucks.

Ahhhhh I see.. I was just quoting what I've read over the years. DC Golden and Silver ages were lower print runs than Marvel I wasn't saying that to seem like a know it all, just trying to help out...That DD cover was voted in the Top 100 comic book covers ..I didn't mean to seem like a know it all or an , by any means..I've never been on a forum before. I did read up on things but I apparently missed a bunch of stuff..I do apologize if I came across the wrong way.. I was just trying to help and make friendly conversation..Thanks for letting me know.. Maybe I'm too old for forums ...I never knew such hostility back in the 80s but there was also no internet back then....Thanks for letting me know and advice...It is appreciated.

I doubt you're too old for these forums. You should see some of these fogies we've got in here.

HAHAHA!!!! Thanks ..I feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person now and from what I am now seeing I earned it..I truly didn't mean to come across that way guys...I do appreciate the help getting me straight...At my age, (late 40s) I don't have any friends who collect comics and I live in a rural area. This is basically all I have as far as comics go, and I guess I went a little over board lol ...

HAHAHA!!!! Thanks ..I feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person now and from what I am now seeing I earned it..I truly didn't mean to come across that way guys...I do appreciate the help getting me straight...At my age, (late 40s) I don't have any friends who collect comics and I live in a rural area. This is basically all I have as far as comics go, and I guess I went a little over board lol ...

and people here with forgive most things...but if you make offers in the middle of a sales thread you're gonna get skewered. lol

and apparently mild profanity is corrected...I will work on that

All kinds of profanity, and some variations on the words.

DO NOT try to get around the filter though. Coming up with a creative way to beat the filter will get you a strike and a suspension.

I'm just looking for a group where I can talk comics with. Learn new stuff, talk shop, goof off, make friends compare notes, and have fun. The hobby has changed a ton since the late 90s and I'm still catching up and can learn a lot form you folks.

Yeah, they're a bit stricter here than other places about keeping things on topic and, more importantly, in the right forum.

So this book or your admiration of DD or this cover in particular would've *probably* been better received in the "please grade me" (e.g. if you want to know if 9,4 or 9.6) or "Silver Age" forum - probably already a DD thread to show off the nice batch you got.

I'm just looking for a group where I can talk comics with. Learn new stuff, talk shop, goof off, make friends compare notes, and have fun.

There's tons of information here. This place has existed for 16 years; most everything that can be discussed has been discussed.

Read 50 posts for every post you make.

I can't believe I found such a minty collection of DD issues...I will post more pics later but IMHO I think this is a very sharp issue...May CGC it with the others...No chips, dings, wrinkles, lots of gloss. white'ish pages..

163791.jpg

Where did you find it?

What else did you find?

Where are the other pictures?

Why only show 75% of the book in your picture?