• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why would you keep a slab in a plastic bag?

21 posts in this topic

To allow for a layer of protection from the other slabs scratching it. There are people that want clean slabs.

So be it... all of my slabs are in plastic.

To allow for a layer of protection from the other slabs scratching it. There are people that want clean slabs.

So be it... all of my slabs are in plastic.

If the sleeves that came from CGC would wrap and stick over the top so you could read it easily, I'd be fine. So in addition to protection, ease of reading my slabs is the primary reason I do it. And if you buy the mylars, they really stand out (I'm fine with the polys).

They really should start offering a service to get your slabs slabbed. Of course you would still want to put your slabbed slab in bag.

Don't forget pressing your slab before slabbing it.

They really should start offering a service to get your slabs slabbed. Of course you would still want to put your slabbed slab in bag.

Or pressing the bag?

0d41808f60af8871fa122b3b0f37ab1b.gif

Could they slab a bagged slab? Or would they have to grade the bag of the slab before the slab?

Or pressing the bag?

0d41808f60af8871fa122b3b0f37ab1b.gif

Or maybe run it through a shrinkwrap machine. hm

I had someone who wanted a refund because I sent an untagged slab.

People do like the presentation of their slabs. Cookie crumbs, pizza stains, and scratches need not apply. (Not saying you are doing this, just in general--comic collectors ARE anal retentive).