• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Quite excited about my recent pre code horror purchase. I have been looking for a copy of this book for around 8 months. Finally found a copy for sale and I am very pleased with it. Presents well!

DarkMysteries19.jpg

That's a NICE rack! :grin:

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned...last night two big pre-code books ended on very high prices on the bay - I was following both but they went for more than I was prepared to pay (the bidding went ballistic in the last few minutes, as always).

Black Cat 50 CGC 9.2

Tpmb Of Terror 15 CGC 9.2

Very impressive.

Definitely high prices but they are both highly sought after books with possibly both of them placing very high in any Top 20 pre-code horror cover poll.

Quite excited about my recent pre code horror purchase. I have been looking for a copy of this book for around 8 months. Finally found a copy for sale and I am very pleased with it. Presents well!

DarkMysteries19.jpg

That is a beaut. I made a run after a high grade copy of this about a year ago...but something else distracted me. When I went back to look for it, it was gone. You snooze, you loose. You obviously decided to stay awake. Congrats.

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned...last night two big pre-code books ended on very high prices on the bay - I was following both but they went for more than I was prepared to pay (the bidding went ballistic in the last few minutes, as always).

Black Cat 50 CGC 9.2

Tpmb Of Terror 15 CGC 9.2

Very impressive.

Those copies are sweet.

I remember when a stash of these high grade copies were uncovered in the early 90's. They were plentiful until they were all snapped up. Both copies were advertised in the CLASSIC PRE-INTERNET Metropolis Catalog for like $250 each...If I remember correctly.

Wish I would have grabbed one then.

I like the 3d's

They are a lot of fun to read!

Here's one of those Giants that ya just don't see everyday...

Wow, very cool! Never seen that cover before.

Hard to tell what exactly is going on there. Looks as if they are in a diving bell of some sort and being gased.

Also I see test tubes in the background as if they are in some giant's laboratory! :o