• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Anyone seen this? Over $2500 with another day left. I know the book is rare but geez!

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121212&lotNo=14351

I picked up a solid G+ copy with nice pages for $300 a few years ago and I've seen similar copies going for that range. That said, the book is indeed rare. I usually only see one or two copies a year come up for sale.

Anyone seen this? Over $2500 with another day left. I know the book is rare but geez!

I picked up a solid G+ copy with nice pages for $300 a few years ago and I've seen similar copies going for that range. That said, the book is indeed rare. I usually only see one or two copies a year come up for sale.

$2500 for a tanned-edges 3.5 copy is really steep. Still, this is definitely really rare.

$2500 for a tanned-edges 3.5 copy is really steep. Still, this is definitely really rare.

I just saw a copy at last weekend's show in TO.

I think the price was in the 1k range.

Great ad, Rick - thanks for posting that. Al was certainly right about the investment potential of 50's books in high grade.

NM/MT... how I used to love thumbing through each new CBG looking for books in that grade!

Descriptions like "NM/MT ( light cover crease)" make me wonder what the actual grades on these books were.

Or even better "VF+ (small chip) cover laminated". Yowza.

I had a few Bethlehem PCH books. One was WTOF #1. It was nice, maybe VF/VF+, but nothing close to this WTOF 3 as a NM/M. Back then you just hoped you were a least getting a VF with those advertised NM and NM/M books.

Those numbers in ink were Overstreet values at that time for issues I had some interest in. I cannot remember if I inquired, because I did not purchase any.

Edited by RICK STARR

The Bethlehem copy of Weird Tales of the Future 3 NM 395.00, not to mention all the others... wow... What year did this ad come out?

NM Dark Mysteries 1 for $300, wow.....I sold my NM- for $2200 a few years back.

Of course, an "NM" in the ad might be a CGC 8.0. hm

The Bethlehem copy of Weird Tales of the Future 3 NM 395.00, not to mention all the others... wow... What year did this ad come out?

The WTOF 3 is listed as NM with a "light cover crease". :grin:

The WTOF 3 is listed as NM with a "light cover crease". :grin:

Before pressing... A cgc 8.0 for 395 I'll take it... ;)

No gpa for the Beth copy and the other 2 peds, river city and WM sold for almost 3k several years ago...

Edited by Twistty1

Here's a fun little Everett story from Adventures Into Weird Worlds #10. Clickable thumbnails. :foryou:

th_P1.jpg th_P2.jpg th_P3.jpg th_P4.jpg th_P5.jpg

:hi: Jay

A great little read, it killed 5 minutes while waiting for her to get ready, only another hour or so to wait :tonofbricks: