• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Back on topic, I just got these two in today!

WoE #10 has this fantastic Jack Cole cover and a quick look inside shows the story "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" to be very good!

WebOfEvil10.jpg

Here's the splash from the Brain story

Brain01.jpg

Mad scientist revives the brain of a criminal genius but the brain wants revenge on the two stoolies who ratted him out to the cops and the judge who sentenced him to die. Some cool panals and the ultimate fate of "the brain"! lol

Brain02.jpgBrain03.jpgBrain04.jpg

and WoE #12 has this terrific zombie cover! :cloud9:

WebOfEvil12.jpg

Nice first story splash...

WalkingDeadSplash.jpg

WoE #10 has this fantastic Jack Cole cover and a quick look inside shows the story "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" to be very good!

The Web of Evil issues have Jack Cole pencils and staff inkers and so the quality of the artwork isn't of the same quality as his other for Quality. There can still be awfully good and that story sounds like a lot of fun. (thumbs u

The Web of Evil issues have Jack Cole pencils and staff inkers and so the quality of the artwork isn't of the same quality as his other for Quality. There can still be awfully good and that story sounds like a lot of fun. (thumbs u

Sheesh, you can use the word Quality alot, can't you? :baiting:

Thanks for the info and I'll try to post some interior scans from the story tonight, some panals caught my eye as "pretty cool"! (thumbs u

SSS3.1.jpg

AWESOME BOOK! One I have wanted for over 10 years, but never got around to buying one. I Love the colors, and the headless guy, the close up of the woman, an understated masterpiece! Bravo!

i just picked up this bad, headless, boy on ebay; they go hand-in-hand,huh?

AIT31.jpg

i just picked up this bad, headless, boy on ebay; they go hand-in-hand,huh?

hm If I was going to be headless I think I'd prefer the casual look of the turtleneck over the more formal suit and tie.

lio080116.gif

I don't know how many of you read Lio but it's a real fun strip and always has a horror bent to it and this one seemed perfect to share with everyone.

Great strip.

I wish our local paper would drop some of its lame-o historical artifacts and pick it up.

Jack

The first time I ever saw that cover I laughed.

I slowly have begun to appreciate it however, and now is on my want list! (thumbs u

Part of the reason is it reminds me of the Morlocks from "The Time Machine".

Well, here's one you don't see every day. WoF # 2. Took me awhile to get a copy, and as you can see mine is pretty ratty.

This book lands on many PCH collectors "Ten Toughest" lists. I think we've had that discussion in the past.

What say you guys, shall we open another "10 Toughest" debate? Maybe even make it an annual thing? hm

52328-wof2.jpg.33abc126d53ef28d9ed53bdda535628b.jpg

More than ten here (and I'm sure there's more) but all tough to find in low or high grade.

Maybe we can whittle it down to ten only? (shrug)

Ghost comics #2

Eerie #1

Menace #1

Menace #5

Mister Mystery #12

Monster Crime #1

This Mag. is Haunted #3

Weird Chills #2

Weird Mysteries #2

Weird Mysteries #4

Weird Mysteries #5

Weird Mysteries #6

Weird Tales of the Future #4

Weird Tales of the Future #5

Weird Tales of the Future #7

Worlds of Fear #10

More than ten here (and I'm sure there's more) but all tough to find in low or high grade.

Maybe we can whittle it down to ten only? (shrug)

Ghost comics #2

I personally don't think Ghost # 2 should be in the Top 10.