• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,231 posts in this topic

That Northford Chilling Tales 16 is mind blowing...

Truly awesome, like all the others. Thank goodness I have this one.

ChillingTales16CGC75_zps1e5efc36.jpg

This is a beauty congrats on that copy!

Thanks Johnny. Poor scan. It would press up if not for the inset staples. I'm willing to bet none of sartre's books are pressed though.

Edited by Flex Mentallo

That Northford Chilling Tales 16 is mind blowing...

Truly awesome, like all the others. Thank goodness I have this one.

ChillingTales16CGC75_zps1e5efc36.jpg

This is a beauty congrats on that copy!

Thanks Johnny. Poor scan. It would press up if not for the inset staples. I'm willing to bet none of sartre's books are pressed though.

Regardless of the scan quality the colors are amazing - no pressing needed!

I was hoping sartre would post those Weird Chills. The colors on that #1 are spectacular! I prefer that cover to the other two.

I agree... and fifties' copy of #1 looks really sharp, with a sub crease, but otherwise appears gemmy! :)

Tho I do like #1 and 2 best, perhaps I'll get a #3 someday. Anyone with a copy (fifties) that can comment on the story quality inside that ish? Typically (with the exception of Wolverton tales) they're pretty blah, to me.

Notice that there are similarities among the three covers; the guy on both issues one and two looks pretty much the same, as does the babe on one and three. The green creatures are all somewhat similar on all three covers.

AFA the stories go in number 3; four of them, two so-so, one a definite EC swipe, the last one not too bad. Worthwhile to get mainly to complete the run, as they don't go for all that cheap. I wouldn't pay just for the stories.

Notice that there are similarities among the three covers; the guy on both issues one and two looks pretty much the same, as does the babe on one and three. The green creatures are all somewhat similar on all three covers.

AFA the stories go in number 3; four of them, two so-so, one a definite EC swipe, the last one not too bad. Worthwhile to get mainly to complete the run, as they don't go for all that cheap. I wouldn't pay just for the stories.

Appreciate it, fifties! :)

I was hoping sartre would post those Weird Chills. The colors on that #1 are spectacular! I prefer that cover to the other two.

You're mad Flex. I love this three issue run but issue two is the pick of the litter. Eyelid damage trumps eye injury, blood transfusion and bondage all day long. :)

All of these have great interior stories I might add. Especially number three according to my scribbled notes.

-Christian

You're mad Flex. I love this three issue run but issue two is the pick of the litter. Eyelid damage trumps eye injury, blood transfusion and bondage all day long. :)

All of these have great interior stories I might add. Especially number three according to my scribbled notes.

-Christian

#2 is pretty twisted, but for me #1 has the best cover. Either way, Bailey knew how to deliver!

You're mad Flex.

lol High praise indeed, Christian!

Before I owned any, #2 was the one I wanted. true icon cover and all that. Actually had a decent copy at one time - about FVF. At the time I didn't rate the other two covers at all.

Edited by Flex Mentallo

-Christian

#2 is pretty twisted, but for me #1 has the best cover. Either way, Bailey knew how to deliver!

+1. The zombie on WC #1 is one of the all-timers for me.