• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,231 posts in this topic

Ok boys, hold on to your hats. I went to an auction in SF yesterday that was primarily silver/bronze (original owner) but he apparently liked the horror stuff. I missed out on the Crime Suspenstories lot (still bummed) but picked up plenty. Again, these are all from one collection. I took group shots but can scan individuals as I go. They were advertised as VGish but many are substantially higher grade than that. They are glossy and feel fantastic in hand. Here you go...

IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2056.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

and just for fun I picked up this scifi lot...

IMG_2059.jpg

:golfclap:

Great runs!

Ok boys, hold on to your hats. I went to an auction in SF yesterday that was primarily silver/bronze (original owner) but he apparently liked the horror stuff. I missed out on the Crime Suspenstories lot (still bummed) but picked up plenty. Again, these are all from one collection. I took group shots but can scan individuals as I go. They were advertised as VGish but many are substantially higher grade than that. They are glossy and feel fantastic in hand. Here you go...

Sheesh, why can't I find auctions like that?

xxx

Sartre, you have to be one of the savviest collectors around. You were smart enough to pick up some of the best copies of these classic American pre-code horror comic books!

Please PM me about what you are buying up now!

Here are a few from the new purchases. They were advertised as "mostly VG". I'm starting to think I should have gone harder after the Crime Suspenstories lot. EC really could put out some books. On the bright side, I'm able to read the stories I haven't seen before. Totally awesome.

TalesfromtheCrypt29FC.jpg

TalesfromtheCrypt37FC.jpg

TalesfromtheCrypt38FC.jpg

VaultofHorror28FC.jpg

Hi, Everyone and Merry Christmas,

Very long time reader finally thought I would register and contribute a little.

I'm a long time Pre-Code Horror collector also EC's and most odd-ball comics from the late 40's to the early 50's. This is one of my favorite threads so I thought I would give it a bump and try out my first post. I'll try posting some scans in a bit.

151942.jpg.6e704d572ca6a9c45681ea7cf060d3bf.jpg

I'm a long time Pre-Code Horror collector also EC's and most odd-ball comics from the late 40's to the early 50's. This is one of my favorite threads so I thought I would give it a bump and try out my first post. I'll try posting some scans in a bit.

WTTB's.............................................GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Welcome.

Nice first post, a highly desirable book in this forum.

I have always liked the covers of this short run and managed to snatch up a little more than half of the run earlier this year. Most of them are around 5.0 to 6.0 but they have all very nice colors. Now I just have to get the missing 5 issues.

DSC_0035864x1280_zpscb6c3447.jpg