• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Hi, Everyone and Merry Christmas,

Very long time reader finally thought I would register and contribute a little.

I'm a long time Pre-Code Horror collector also EC's and most odd-ball comics from the late 40's to the early 50's. This is one of my favorite threads so I thought I would give it a bump and try out my first post. I'll try posting some scans in a bit.

When you lead off your presence on the boards with three homerun books, I worry that you won't have any ammo left to share! ;) Not that it matters, showing everything from $5 beaters to amazing highgrade copies is welcome. The first three you posted are very nice copies of books that have eluded me so far, but I would love to add to my collection some day. Thanks for sharing them, and WTTB! :)

Welcome to the boards Hap hazard! Beautiful books indeed and those Weird Mysteries are two of my favorites.

Gojirga, Nice ghost Comics! Fiction house sure had their own look to these. I always liked their colors and line work.....Currently I only have the swamp cover with the eye looking through the title letters.

-Christian

Welcome to the boards Hap hazard! Beautiful books indeed and those Weird Mysteries are two of my favorites.

Gojirga, Nice ghost Comics! Fiction house sure had their own look to these. I always liked their colors and line work.....Currently I only have the swamp cover with the eye looking through the title letters.

-Christian

I agree with you and like to add the occasional Fiction House to my collection.I would like to complete the Ghost run and add a few more Planets to my collection.

-Christian

I agree with you and like to add the occasional Fiction House to my collection.I would like to complete the Ghost run and add a few more Planets to my collection.

How is the precode horror scene over there in France? Any unique horror comics published over there? Any good comic shows over there for vintage books?

There aren't to many PCH collectors over here, I have a few friends who collect PCH but most of the people here collect SA Marvel. But that's a good thing for me since it allows me to snatch up some books at good prices from time to time.

There's nothing worthwhile published over here (horror wise).

There are no shows worth attending as of yet, but the organizers of the NYCC want to star a big show in Europe and they have chosen Paris, so maybe it will grow into something cool.

I'm a long time Pre-Code Horror collector also EC's and most odd-ball comics from the late 40's to the early 50's. This is one of my favorite threads so I thought I would give it a bump and try out my first post. I'll try posting some scans in a bit.

151942.jpg

Welcome to the board, and that's a great -and somewhat rare- book you have there! How are the stories? Straight horror, or super-hero type?

151942.jpg

Welcome to the board, and that's a great -and somewhat rare- book you have there! How are the stories? Straight horror, or super-hero type?

Great book and yes, WTTB Hap! Show us some moar! :applause:

thanks for noticing

Its a sketch done by the original artist of eerie 1 Bob Fugitani at SDCon in 05

Very nice! Would love to see a full size scan if you have it!

I'm a Fugitani fan myself.

FrontPage1.jpg