• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,226 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, fifties said:

Well actually there are, in a fashion.  I have some Superior reprints of American books, and the inside FC's are blank.  

Here's my contribution to the Strange Mysteries 2 parade.

But are there reprints from the Strange Mysteries title? Years ago, after spending a lot of money on a high grade Strange Mysteries, then being told it was a reprint, I kinda panicked and did some pretty deep research and concluded- along with others-  there were not.  What kind of American titles did they reprint? Any Pics? Thanks

22 hours ago, Black Bat said:

But are there reprints from the Strange Mysteries title? Years ago, after spending a lot of money on a high grade Strange Mysteries, then being told it was a reprint, I kinda panicked and did some pretty deep research and concluded- along with others-  there were not.  What kind of American titles did they reprint? Any Pics? Thanks

They didn't reprint any American titles. Willy Zimmerman, the publisher, bought the artwork from Iger Shop. They were published in Canada and distributed in the States and Canada.

Edited by comicnoir

Superior reprinted EC's in Canada

15 hours ago, Black Bat said:

moon girl7.jpg

war against crime3 can.jpg

6 minutes ago, RICK STARR said:

This issue is so underrated and unappreciated. What more can you ask for, zombies, skeletons and a beautiful scantily clad girl in peril?

I agree with you. I can only assume that the first issue doesn't get as much attention because there are so many of them (82 on the census).

Your copy is a beauty! (thumbsu