• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edmonton Expo Comic Con September 23- 25 2016

122 posts in this topic

Show sales report.

Since the drop of the price of a barrel of oil the cnd $ has dropped 30% and there have been mass layoffs in the province. At one time we were constantly selling keys and wall books and there seemed to be almost zero buyer resistance, now they look, pick it up, put it down and walk away. Even the $20 'ha that's cool' type of retail sale is tough.

During the three day show I don't think I even got a low ball offer. :cry:.

Memorable sales?

Sold a HOS 92 - thanks John. A few piles of cheaper GA. Some modern books like New 52 Batman 1. Pile to Joey-much appreciated and sorry about the missing pages......Punisher mini series signed set, few other sets

Sold a ton of 50 cent books and enough odds and ends to add up but sales are probably 1/3 of what they were before the economy went in the dump.

The good news is that most of the stuff we sold had great profit margins so we did ok and we bought a few nice books and improved our inventory.

Three dealers I talked to won't be back.

What pages were missing Dave?

heh, I'm kidding :devil:

lol