• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do I have a problem?

74 posts in this topic

You should see my office lol some of you have seen it in the Kraven thread but I have two boxes and a stack of CGC under the front of my desk, two long boxes on the side behind me another box sitting on top both drawers back and front in my desk full of raw, CGC and other comic related items. Four full boxes on my selves to the right and my filing cabinets are full of raw comics. :facepalm: I think I have a problem :whee:

:roflmao: They say the first sign of healing is admitting you have a problem. lol

I like how this is becoming a confession thread. lol

I've got about 150 books at my office cubicle. At one time it was closer to 400+ and starting to get out of control. I sold off some runs of stuff to clear space, and still ferret a book or two back and forth every night (think The Shawshank Redemption and you get the general idea).

So yeah, 1500 seems like kind of a lot. :baiting:

I'd say that you need to do a little consolidation with a little conservatory behavious. Downsize them all into say 1000 most excellent books.

Of course I have more than you apparently and haven't been able to figure out that one either. :sumo:

Pay the $200 to get a delivery service to move that stuff from your office to your home.

Some might think the comics aren't worth $200...

These are not really the prizes of my collection, mostly I have fished out of dollar boxes.

I took some pictures of the office and my home comic room today. Will upload at some point. I am in the process of "organizing" the comic room (the process has lasted about 2 years...) and it is pretty bad right now. On the other hand, moving boxes around I found the box with my Hulk 2, most of my GA and decent SA books I had misplaced for a year, so that's good.

I've got about 150 books at my office cubicle. At one time it was closer to 400+ and starting to get out of control. I sold off some runs of stuff to clear space, and still ferret a book or two back and forth every night (think The Shawshank Redemption and you get the general idea).

Like I said, my office is actually pretty big (in lieu of a promotion after being here 12 years despite being given supervisory duties at no extra pay...), and I have a door and privacy, so 10 boxes is not that big a hurdle. Almost like a tiny studio apartment..but no bathroom and kitchen.

Like I said, my office is actually pretty big (in lieu of a promotion after being here 12 years despite being given supervisory duties at no extra pay...), and I have a door and privacy, so 10 boxes is not that big a hurdle. Almost like a tiny studio apartment..but no bathroom and kitchen.

All you need is a chamber pot and a mini-fridge, and you're set. ;)

On the other hand, moving boxes around I found the box with my Hulk 2, most of my GA and decent SA books I had misplaced for a year, so that's good.

I'm sorry, but how exactly does one misplace Hulk 2 , GA and SA books? Wish I was loaded enough not to have to worry about where my stash has been for the past year lol

P.S.

I've taken the liberty of notifying TLC that theres a great candidate for an upcoming episode of "Hoarders" here on the CGC forum

On the other hand, moving boxes around I found the box with my Hulk 2, most of my GA and decent SA books I had misplaced for a year, so that's good.

I'm sorry, but how exactly does one misplace Hulk 2 , GA and SA books? Wish I was loaded enough not to have to worry about where my stash has been for the past year lol

Well, unless a cat burglar broke in and went through like 150 boxes of comics and found the 20 or so good ones I have (sadly, I sold most of my good stuff when we bought the house 10 years ago) I was pretty confident it was up there somewhere. It's not like I have to fondle them every few weeks.

These books were all pretty much bought more than 20 years ago for pennies on the dollar compared to today's prices, so it's not like I had just plopped down $3K for the Hulk. Pretty sure I paid less than $200 for it.

I just fondle the ones closest to the door that I can actually get at.

When I mentioned to my 11 year old that I had not seen my box with the Hulk 2 and other assorted goodness for a while he just rolled his eyes and said something along the lines of "dad, you have a problem"

I can remove them one box at a time. My wife picks me up by car once a month or so. I just have to remember to get a building pass on those days. But when you see pictures of my home comic cavern you will understand why I don't exactly need to stuff 10 more boxes in there right now.

I've taken the liberty of notifying TLC that theres a great candidate for an upcoming episode of "Hoarders" here on the CGC forum

I would think a high percentage of boardies would tune in to 'Horders - Comics edition'

I would think a high percentage of boardies would tune in to 'Horders - Comics edition'

So we could at least scoff at the TV set and think, geez, at least I'm not that bad, but that guy has a problem ?

So how many Comics/Boxes do you have in total?

After buying many collections along with regular reading material I have for years estimated my total at 50,000 comics, but as I consolidate and organize I am getting a better feel for the real number.

I would currently estimate that I have about 50 boxes of books that are Available for either Trade or Sale ( 12-15k)

I would estimate that in my Permanent collection I have have closer to 85 long boxes or the equivalent so maybe 25k books there.

DO I have a problem?

Jim

I think many of us could be featured on the show. I know my wife would nominate me.

So how many Comics/Boxes do you have in total?

After buying many collections along with regular reading material I have for years estimated my total at 50,000 comics, but as I consolidate and organize I am getting a better feel for the real number.

I would currently estimate that I have about 50 boxes of books that are Available for either Trade or Sale ( 12-15k)

I would estimate that in my Permanent collection I have have closer to 85 long boxes or the equivalent so maybe 25k books there.

DO I have a problem?

Jim

I know people frequently ask me, "how many do you have?"

I don't know, I lost count about 20 years ago when there was 200 short boxes.