• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic pressing company recommendations

46 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I would like to get some comics pressed and I am looking for some good recommendations for company's that do this. I am a little skeptical of sending my books out to some random search result. Thanks for the help.

M

There are a number of guys here who're pretty good at pressing but I'd recommend joeypost. He does a great job, his prices are reasonable - actually he's pretty cheap, and he does it full time

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=sendprivate&User=6298

Hi all,

I would like to get some comics pressed and I am looking for some good recommendations for company's that do this. I am a little skeptical of sending my books out to some random search result. Thanks for the help.

M

Since this message board is hosted by the Certified Collectibles Group, of which Classic Collectibles Service is a part, it would be inappropriate to use this board to promote their competition.

Matt Nelson is the finest in the business, and more than qualified to handle your needs.

Hi all,

M

There are a number of guys here who're pretty good at pressing but I'd recommend joeypost. He does a great job, his prices are reasonable - actually he's pretty cheap, and he does it full time

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=sendprivate&User=6298

I recommend Joey as well.

2) Does Matt "Really still press" rises a red flag for me - like something happened or he isn't really focused on that any longer.

Matt became a grader for CGC so I wasn't sure if also still pressed.

If true, wouldn't that potentially remove the anonymity of books that Matt worked on and subsequently graded?

I used Joey. I sent him quite a few moderns. I did think the communication could have been better but I understand he is a busy guy. I had to inquire a few times. Some of the books I got back had some spines that were kinda bent and not flat. I didn't press the issue. My overall impression is that Joey has a lot of work and he can't always respond to every email. And he presses like clockwork. I wasn't super im pressed. But then again, I rarely have books pressed so I don't know exactly what they are supposed to look like afterwards

2) Does Matt "Really still press" rises a red flag for me - like something happened or he isn't really focused on that any longer.

If true, wouldn't that potentially remove the anonymity of books that Matt worked on and subsequently graded?

Anonymity... it's special that you think it's not simple for a grader to not know whose books they're grading. I remember when I was young an naive too. :P

I want honest advice not forced advice.

Matt Nelson is the very best.

There - honest, unforced advice (thumbs u

Anonymity... it's special that you think it's not simple for a grader to not know whose books they're grading. I remember when I was young an naive too. :P

You remember when you were young? Wanna trade ages, punk?

Now that that is out of the way you miss the point. The point being if he works on the books he grades that is a formal path created by CGC for a grader to have prior knowledge of a book. It is also a conflict of interest. Which is why I doubt he would both press and grade. :sumo:

Now that that is out of the way you miss the point. The point being if he works on the books he grades that is a formal path created by CGC for a grader to have prior knowledge of a book. It is also a conflict of interest. Which is why I doubt he would both press and grade. :sumo:

I was told here that Matt is currently pressing.

But where did you learn he was a grader? I don't see him listed in the CGC list of graders.

But where did you learn he was a grader? I don't see him listed in the CGC list of graders.

I learned here that Matt Nelson is now the primary grader at CGC.

Gee Pov, I learned here that Matt Nelson is now the primary grader at CGC.

Gosh Blowie. Thanks! This is also too weird.