• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don't believe in luck. I believe in Batman.

19 posts in this topic

My daughter Elizabeth's third grade math final had a section at the end that just said "GOOD LUCK!" My daughter had just seen one of the Lego Justice League movies, where Cyborg says "Good luck, Batman!" and Batman replies "I don't believe in luck. I believe in Batman". Well, that was all the inspiration she needed...the teacher thought it was so funny, she took a picture and posted it on Facebook to all her teacher friends, one of whom passed it on to us.

I relayed the story to Jason Fabok (one of my favorite artists, even though he's a Leafs fan) who happily agreed to do a Batman head sketch for her, including the "I believe in Batman" quote. We got it framed up and its sitting above her desk!

IMG_2445_zpsbw070tpi.jpg

IMG_3152_zpsrru234wz.jpg

My daughter Elizabeth's third grade math final had a section at the end that just said "GOOD LUCK!" My daughter had just seen one of the Lego Justice League movies, where Cyborg says "Good luck, Batman!" and Batman replies "I don't believe in luck. I believe in Batman". Well, that was all the inspiration she needed...the teacher thought it was so funny, she took a picture and posted it on Facebook to all her teacher friends, one of whom passed it on to us.

I relayed the story to Jason Fabok (one of my favorite artists, even though he's a Leafs fan) who happily agreed to do a Batman head sketch for her, including the "I believe in Batman" quote. We got it framed up and its sitting above her desk!

IMG_2445_zpsbw070tpi.jpg

IMG_3152_zpsrru234wz.jpg

:applause: that is awesome

IMG_2445_zpsbw070tpi.jpg

IMG_3152_zpsrru234wz.jpg

Love it ;) Nice story, great sketch.

That's awesome. It's amazing what our kids pick up. In a similar vein to your story, my 9 year old son had his test to get his black belt in Taekwondo a few weeks ago. As he was about to head out to start it, I wish him luck and he looks me right in the face and deadpan's that same line "I don't believe in luck. I believe in Batman." in the gravelly Batman voice. I almost died laughing.