• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U.S. Avengers Launching with 50 State variant covers

52 posts in this topic

These are the reasons I stopped buying new comics. :eyeroll:

There seems to be a general consensus here that new comics suck. I got an opinion, but who cares.

Question: Can some of the older collectors here reading in the 70s answer this one - Did you guys say to yourselves, these new (70s comics) suck. They were better in the 60s. And readers in the 60s say, the comics in the 50s were better.

And so on and so on...

At least the DC cover was interesting. I bought copies of Virginia, California and Mississippi. This cover is just ugly!

That beast cover is probably the worst of the ones I've seen. This is a close second....

ndnct7m.jpg

And is that the actual Title font on these? :insane:

Hey what is wrong with Maryland! :sumo:

There seems to be a general consensus here that new comics suck. I got an opinion, but who cares.

Question: Can some of the older collectors here reading in the 70s answer this one - Did you guys say to yourselves, these new (70s comics) suck. They were better in the 60s. And readers in the 60s say, the comics in the 50s were better.

And so on and so on...

ZuEBRRr.gif

At least the DC cover was interesting. I bought copies of Virginia, California and Mississippi. This cover is just ugly!

That beast cover is probably the worst of the ones I've seen. This is a close second....

ndnct7m.jpg

And is that the actual Title font on these? :insane:

Hey what is wrong with Maryland! :sumo:

WTF is right with Maryland? :eek:

And so on and so on...

You picked the wrong thread to take that stance, pal. How many of these awful covers did you buy?

And so on and so on...

the difference from the older comics to the earlier modern comics is that everyone now a days are in it for a buck or two....back then they had great stories to match the great covers. i feel the modern covers have so many variants you don't know what was what....now if you saw a Amazing spiderman # 50 you already knew what comic and issue it was...now....now i don't even know any more...plus you have to admit...these covers are horrible.

And so on and so on...

I've found that there are creators in all eras, including those of moderns published in this decade, that have produced excellent material obscured by much, much larger volumes of mediocrity and outright dross.

Texas better get someone cool otherwise we will secede...I promise...we'll do it...just watch!

If Texas succeeded I will be at the front of the line wanting in. With the condition if course they kick you out first! lol

“We knew that a series with the name U.S.Avengers would evoke a sense of honor with all of our fans and we really wanted to go that extra step and offer a variant campaign that would allow our readers to show their hometown pride across this great nation.”

So living in Chicago, a rendering of Beast that looks like a stock photo of UFC fighter Alistair Overeem shaded blue is supposed to evoke my "hometown pride"? Yeah...OK. Marvel would probably have better luck with a team photo of the 2015 Blackhawks.

Is it 1996 again?