• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom's All-Stars on Parade! (thread title tradedmarked by NM)

41 posts in this topic

I absolutely love All-Stars! hail.gif I've been working on my run for a while now. 24 down, 33 to go. yay.gif

Here's a group shot I took a few weeks ago. Robert B, I bought the #36 from you at the 2006 NY Comic Con.

allstargroupshotsmallsz6.jpg

I would say #36 is the easiest to sell of all the higher numbers. I surely miss my All Star #36, that was a decent copy

Here is an All Star teaser

BailsEdmondsAllStarPics01.jpg

BAILSAllStar-set-02.jpg

BailsEdmondsAllStarPics06.jpg

allstar38.jpg

count me in as a GA collector that really wants a nice all star run!

I only have picked up these 2 (both unrestored, the AS 3 is the Crippin copy) and a 36 (my 3rd fav issue of the run)...the rest will come when they come (hopefully a chunk from the Bails books)...

keep posting those AS!

gator

allstar38.jpg

count me in as a GA collector that really wants a nice all star run!

I only have picked up these 2 (both unrestored, the AS 3 is the Crippin copy) and a 36 (my 3rd fav issue of the run)...the rest will come when they come (hopefully a chunk from the Bails books)...

keep posting those AS!

gator

893applaud-thumb.gif....what are the grades on those rick?

I have always been kind of a big logo whore when it came to Golden Age books....I always felt that large logos really had that GA look and defined that era of comics. After looking at this entire run so frequently over the past month I have to admit I am much fonder of the later (small logo) issues. The early covers in the run, which are mostly stale with little action, truly pale in comparison to some of the fun action covers which saturate the later issues.

Don't get me wrong though, some of those early covers might be lacking action from our heroine and heroes but they still have a wonderful mystique about them.

Truly a great run of GA comics! cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

The early covers in the run, which are mostly stale with little action, truly pale in comparison to some of the fun action covers which saturate the later issues.

I respectfully beg to differ. This is one of my favorites and, IMHO, one of the best war covers around:

2-12-07019.jpg

The early covers in the run, which are mostly stale with little action, truly pale in comparison to some of the fun action covers which saturate the later issues.

I respectfully beg to differ. This is one of my favorites and, IMHO, one of the best war covers around:

2-12-07019.jpg

nice!

gator

Been away for a while and saw this thread. All Stars Rock!!!!!!

Here is my collection of All Stars.....

Only 57 to go!!!!!!!!!! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

here is Jerry's copy of All Star #11 of this cool war cover - affordable mid grade even

and i just love the cover to #10 - Hawkman rules here:

AllStar010-1.jpg

He certainly wore his summer costume that month -- apparently forgot his leggings -- but the boys (except for that grouch, Spectre) seem glad to see him.

Jack

(maybe that's one of the Hawkman Rules)

cloud9.gifhail.gif

Richard, you be culturally deprived, young man - git with the program makepoint.gifacclaim.gif

2-12-07019.jpg

Well first let me say that is one white paged beauty and a wonderful war cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

My argument was that as a whole there are more action packed covers in the later issues. Aside from this issue, and one or two others, all of the early covers are of the Justice Society posing. I am not saying this is a bad thing either...I mean with #3 you have one of the most recognizable GA covers and it contains zero action...doesn't detract from its coolness one bit!

#11 is an amazing cover though and I understand your point. I wish the early issues had more covers that resembled this one. cloud9.gif

2-12-07019.jpg

That copy is 893whatthe.gif