• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Thread Nobody Demanded: Buzzetta: NYCC 2016: Wrap Up and Loot on Pg 16

198 posts in this topic

My annual recap and reflection on the show.

As with previous years, I will be posting mostly interesting costumes and things I saw around the show. If you are looking for "wall books", you can see that anywhere else. I am pretty sure that I didn't take any pics of books except for a couple.

I saw a couple of boardies over the weekend and as always, I am thankful that I can play tag-a-long with Jaybuck as I always learn quite a bit and a new boardie who never posts.

This year, I was not on the hunt for anything. I have a big purchase in mind so I am in saving / hoarding mode. I did pick up a couple of things but held back from pulling the trigger on a certain page of art I wanted (hush to the two people who know). It sits around so if it is meant to be then I will pick it up in March or at next years NYCC. I took a look at last year's show and noticed that I wanted a big book last year... Over the course of the year I probably could have paid for it given the other books I bought. That book was an ASM 1 (I wanted to upgrade my 2.5 copy) I have other things though and that was no longer a priority. However, I do like the other things that made their way into my collection since NYCC 2015.

Anyway... picked up a page of published art, a commission, a Transformer, and two Funcos.

If you saw a guy wearing a Bob Ross "Trees" T shirt or my usual "Phish" t shirts, then yeah, that was me. Next time say hello... or you know who to avoid lol.

So... in this thread you will see costumes... you will see some commentary and some quick stories.

Almost everything will be posted tonight though.

Video for the thread...

(I do not think I have posted a Phish video in a while... I usually save them for a thread like this.)

Phish - Down With Disease 2016-01-17

This year I did not take any days off. I had to take a few days off the week before for a personal matter and did not want to use another day. So, right after work I get to the subway to find the following... Hey "L' Train track fire... Thanks for nothing.

I had to take the G to the E train. That was just absolutely delightful (does my sarcasm properly convey?). As soon as I got there, I checked in with a boardie who was on their way home and then ran inside to meet up with a friend that I have been Facebook friends with but had not actually seen since 8th Grade. What a surprise to learn she has played with Trey! (She is a musician)

From the Application "Is the L Train F'd?"

IMG_3206.jpg

It was nice to see that NYCC is accessible to everyone. This gentleman is legitimately wheelchair bound. Pretty cool that a place like ComicCon is a place where everyone can get into a character and have a little fun. With that said... there is a much cooler CosPlay from someone that was also on wheels... but that is yet to come. To tell the truth... the one that is coming is one of the best costumes I saw and MANY were taking his picture.

IMG_3207.jpg

Funko... the bane of my existence. I was able to get in after standing on line for an hour... anyway. I got what I wanted but that was about it. Sorry to those I reached out to. The floors are rough in the Javits and I was not standing on the line any other day.

IMG_3219.jpg

Wonder Woman props... this display was actually pretty incredible. Made me actually... look forward... and restore some faith into a DC movie. I still have not seen Suicide Squad. They still owe me for having to sit through Batman v Superman twice.

IMG_3220.jpg

I'd be interested in seeing the Transformer!

That is coming... there was not a MP Transformer to see... so I ordered it on the floor Thursday and already received it. Sah-weeeeet.