• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Thread Nobody Demanded: Buzzetta: NYCC 2016: Wrap Up and Loot on Pg 16

198 posts in this topic

BTW... There may or may not have been a picture of me doing "the Costanza" on Southpark Satan's throne. May... or may not.

This definitely occurred.

IMG_3394a.png

Some people follow ambulances in traffic to get through it.

Some people follow the garbage cart at Comic Con to get through it.

For the record I helped him push it.

IMG_3413.jpg

I'm so glad you reneged on your 'no wall books' pledge.

And all your pics have been fun.

I honestly try not to. As much as some find the Cosplayers annoying you can kind of see any book that any dealer has anywhere in their stores or on their sites.

There really isn't anything different or special and a lot of other boardies post the books.

That said... I cannot NOT post a pic of a Tec 27.

I am seriously going to try and make one of these for someone. Anyone who follows my annual threads know I try to put a Carbo in there. This year at one point he was walking around holding an Action 1, with his security guy, sidekick dude that looks like Dante from Clerks who was wearing a bowling shirt captioned "The Wesley Crushers"

IMG_3421.jpg

Pretty fun show to simply walk around btw.

I looked at artwork at all the usual subjects... thankfully I was corrected and did eventually find the Artist's Choice... But I did look through the tables of the big three and considered a few things at each including some artwork directly from the artists themselves. More on that later.

Stopped by to check out Rick and Adam's booth. That place is always hopping. I went to Storm's table but then got quickly called away from a text. Bob's display was top notch as well.

The dealers brought out their A-Game.

Went to dinner at Heartland Brewery

Seared sesame Tuna sandwich with a side salad. Quite good.

No beer... all I wanted was water... it was a LONG day.

IMG_3426.jpg

The Long Island Railroad...

The other bane of my existence.

This is a Sunday noon time train...

When people ask why I sit on the floor of the train sometimes it is because of this. Even though I was lucky to get one, there are no seats available in this photo, people are standing in the aisles which are not designed to accommodate standing passengers.

This is what many of us pay hundreds a month for to get to and from the city. I hate the LIRR. I feel sorry for the conductors that have to deal with the mess that the head honchos of the LIRR cause for them. They have to answer the gripes of angry customers when it isn't their fault. However... this is insane and unsafe and unfortunately the norm.

IMG_3432.jpg

As you can see from the photos it was a cold and damp day in Manhattan today. It was a welcome change from the heat of the past month. However comic con is never cool in the rain especially because I was dropping books off and some minor art to submit to a auction consigner. More on that later.

Back to Cosplay !!