• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nicolas Cage collection

59 posts in this topic

It seems weird to celebrate something they don't want.

If the owner passed away I'd find it interesting.

I think in 2002 he was more or less compelled to sell his entire collection of comic books and cars due to huge debts, or something like that. I think he is back into collecting now though.

Are YOU Nick Cage? hm

I think in 2002 he was more or less compelled to sell his entire collection of comic books and cars due to huge debts, or something like that. I think he is back into collecting now though.

Are YOU Nick Cage? hm

Busted! lol

Of course the other rumor going around is that he was compelled to sell off his comic book and vintage car collection by Lisa Marie. (shrug)

If this was the case, it didn't work as the marriage was over in 3 months anyways. doh!

Marketing. "From the Collection of Nicolas Cage" - big freakin' deal.

It would be if it was the Nicolas Cage copy of Detective Comics #27 Action Comics 1 :gossip:

Don't think he owned a Tec 27

Of course the other rumor going around is that he was compelled to sell off his comic book and vintage car collection by Lisa Marie. (shrug)

If this was the case, it didn't work as the marriage was over in 3 months anyways. doh!

I had also heard that the theft of the Action1 and some of his other big books had something to do with his exit from the hobby. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

Gotcha! That marketing trick worked with my wife - she got really excited when I showed her the comment on the label

Hopefully you gave her an appropriately disgusted look.

doh!

Edited by Hepcat

Gotcha! That marketing trick worked with my wife - she got really excited when I showed her the comment on the label

Hopefully you gave her an appropriately disgusted look.

doh!

You mean more than the usual I give her every morning? :-)

No, I actually encouraged her excitement. That was the first time she didnt give me the inappropriately disgusted look when showing her a comic book or any other of my collectibles ;-)

That was the first time she didn't give me the inappropriately disgusted look when showing her a comic book or any other of my collectibles.

Thank Odin for small mercies.

;)

Edited by Hepcat

I had also heard that the theft of the Action1 and some of his other big books had something to do with his exit from the hobby. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Right. Wasn't he bummed out that the books were apparently stolen by guests at one of his parties? I believe he had monumental tax problems that eventually led him to sell off practically everything he could. Sued his manager, as I remember. Don't know how that may have turned out.

… And wasn't the copy of Action #1 found in a random storage locker out in the Southern California desert years later? But by that time Cage had already been reimbursed by the insurance company.

BTW, how do they know something is from Cage's personal collection?

While we are on the subject of celebrity "pedigree" labels, I know of only one other celeb whose collection is noted on CGC slabs, Rueben Blades. Are there others, or are his and Cage's the only ones that are noted on the slab?

I can't think of another. Don and Maggie and Don Rosa have "collection" on the label, but they are counted as pedigrees -- and I guess they are only "celebrities" within the hobby. :D

Carl Barks's own copies of his books have a notation on the label.

While we are on the subject of celebrity "pedigree" labels, I know of only one other celeb whose collection is noted on CGC slabs, Rueben Blades. Are there others, or are his and Cage's the only ones that are noted on the slab?

I can't think of another. Don and Maggie and Don Rosa have "collection" on the label, but they are counted as pedigrees -- and I guess they are only "celebrities" within the hobby. :D

The Don & Maggie and Don Rosa collections are treated as collections, not pedigrees.

The Don & Maggie and Don Rosa collections are treated as collections, not pedigrees.

They are on the CGC list here: CGC recognized pedigrees