• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Berkeley Comic Con Nov. 13 Comics-only event!

60 posts in this topic

I believe a great time was had by all!

We saw lots of big deals go down, and it was full comics immersion for sure.

Here are a few pics. Thanks to all the CGC Boardies who came - it makes it extra fun to meet new boardies at the show!

Marc with a mini crowd:

IMG_7320.jpg

The CGC Boardie table (Thanks for the donuts Brain!).

IMG_7317.jpg

IMG_7326.jpg

IMG_7325.jpg

IMG_7327.jpg

IMG_7329.jpg

IMG_7330.jpg

I just saw the Dr. Strange movie a few days ago and it was really good. I felt like reading the Origin story and was able to pick up a low grade ST 115 at the show today. It's a rarity for me to buy any SA these days. I like the panels in the 115 better than the 110.

15F00762-88AF-4A90-A6D8-C789FCE527E6_zpsbj3q81rb.jpg

Awesome splash!

Thanks for coming man - and thanks for taking pics and posting them.

I believe a great time was had by all!

We saw lots of big deals go down, and it was full comics immersion for sure.

Here are a few pics. Thanks to all the CGC Boardies who came - it makes it extra fun to meet new boar dies at the show!

Marc with a mini crowd:

The CGC Boardie table (Thanks for the donuts Brain!).

IMG_7317.jpg

You need to fix this above boar dies lol

You got Bunkys good side and my good side with this pic (thumbs u

Many, many thanks to MMANick and mob_medina7 for helping me throughout the show - I REALLY appreciate it.

One more story I must tell:

A couple months ago Harv Doss and I did the Santa Rosa Toy Show (not together). The show was terrible. By noon I had maybe a dozen people stop by the table and one or two small sales, and I just wanted to sell out and go home.

I asked Harv to buy me out. I gave him a price, and he countered. I accepted, and felt we were both happy with the deal.

Yesterday at the show, as soon as I saw Harv he handed me $100, and told me my original price was a good price, and the original price should stand. Of course I tried not to accept it (a deal is a deal in my mind), but Harv insisted.

Now that's a stand up guy! Thanks Harv!

Tim

Seriously, we are hoping that board members arrange vacations around a summer Berkeley Con and we could make a multiday thing out of it with dinners, other area comic things, warehouse visits, etc. The Yorba Linda con (Terry's show) gets people traveling partly because it's one amazing meet-up and partly because it's SoCal in January. Next best thing would be Bay Area in summer when people can get away.

I've actually met Human Torch and Piper when each of them took vacations here in earlier years and they are great guys. It would be really cool to have a bunch of western Canadians invade summer 2017.

And it was great to meet you and Shin. Might do a little mini holiday there next year.