• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada - August 31-September 3, 2017 Toronto, ON
2 2

356 posts in this topic

God Ari, you love to nitpick. Pro Alley and Artist Alley are two distinct lists.

There have been a few changes since the list on the map was printed and I expect there will be a few more, there usually are a few.

RAID P202 Studio that includes Ramon Perez, Marcus To and others  

COMIC SKETCH ART P215 includes Snyder, Capullo, Kubert, Lupacchino

ESSENTIAL SEQUENTIAL P211 includes Nord, Robinson, Irwin, Johnson, Crystal

ASPEN 744

CHAPTERHOUSE 811

NAME TABLE
ADAM GORHAM P086A
ADAM HUGHES P078
ADAM KUBERT P215
ADI GRANOV P080
ALB P014A
ALEAH BAKER P015A
ALEX MILNE P020A
ALEXANDER FINBOW P045B
ALLISON SOHN P079
ALVIN LEE P057B
ANDREW ROBINSON P211
ANDREW THOMAS P009B
ANDREW WHEELER 003A
ANTHONY DEL COL P037A
ANTHONY FALCONE P202
ANTHONY RUTTGAIZER P030B
ATTILA ADORJANY P021A
BILL MCKAY P023
BLAKE NORTHCOTT 744
BRIAN MCLACHLAN P016A
BRIAN STELFREEZE P055
CAROL ZARA P036B
CARY NORD P211
CHAD HARDIN P052
CHRIS CAMPANA P021B
COLLETTE TURNER P029A
CONOR MCCREERY P037B
CRAIG YEUNG P043B
DALE KEOWN P042
DAN PARENT P081
DANICA BRINE P086B
DANNY ZABBAL P005B
DAVE JOHNSON P211
DAVE MCCAIG P023A
DAVE ROSS P057A
DAVID CUTLER P038B
DAWN MCTEIGUE P122
DJIBRIL MORRISETE-PHAN P009A
DYLAN BURNETT P019B
ED MCGUINNESS P222
EMANUELA LUPACCHINO P215
EMMANUELLE CHATEAUNEUF P006A
ERIC BARNETT P036A
ERIC POWELL P075
ERIC VEDDER P202
ERIK LARSEN P077
FEARLESS FRED KENNEDY P004A
FERNANDO RUIZ P082
FRANK MASTROMAURO 744
GABE SAPIENZA P202
GENEVIEVE FT P027
GERALD LAZARE 811
GIBSON QUARTER P202
GISELE LAGACE P083
GREG CAPULLO P215
GREG HYLAND P032A
HOPE NICHOLSON P028A
HUMBERTO RAMOS P224
IAN FLYNN P015B
IAN HERRING P202
IRMA KNIIVILA P202
J. TORRES P003A
JACK BRIGLIO P003B
JAE LEE P050
JAHNOY LINDSAY P039B
JAMAL CAMPBELL P040A
JAMES RAIZ P020B
JAMES WALEY 811
JANET HETHERINGTON P034A
JANET LEE P018
JASON FABOK P061
JASON LOO P005A
JASON MEENTS P051A
JAY FOSGITT P024B
JEFF LEMIRE SIGNING AREA
JEFFREY STURGE P033A
JENN ST. ONGE P028B
JEROME OPENA P200
JIM CRAIG 811
JIM LEE SIGNING AREA
JIM ZUB P008
JOE JUSKO P203
JOE VRIENS P202
JOHN BOLTON P046
JOHN FLEMING P029B
JOHN GALLAGHER P006B
JOHNNIE CHRISTMAS P026B
JOHNNY D P007A
JON LAM P010
JORDAN GIBSON P014B
KALMAN ANDRASOFSZKY P202
KEN LASHLEY P065
KEN STEACY 811
KEN WHEATON P032B
KEVIN MAGUIRE P073
KRIS HOLDEN-RIED 811
LAR DE SOUZA 430
LEE MODER P030A
LEONARD KIRK P001
LIGHTS SIGNING AREA
LOUIE DE MARTINIS P019A
LOVERN KINDZIERSKI P045A
MARCO D'ALFONSO P040B
MARCO RUDY P011B
MARCUS TO P202
MARGUERITE SAUVAGE P069
MARK IRWIN P211
MATT BATT BANNING P059
MEAGHEN CARTER P038A
MICHAEL CHO P201
MICHAEL WALSH P026A
MIKE DEL MUNDO P041
MIKE KROME A218
MIKE ROOTH P012B
MIKE ZECK P223
NICK BRADSHAW P087
NICK MARINKOVICH P033B
NIMIT MALAVIA P202
NNEKA MYERS P031A
PARIS ALLEYNE P039A
PAT BRODERICK P071
PAUL AMOS 811
PETER STEIGERWALD 744
PHIL JIMENEZ SIGNING AREA
RAMON PEREZ P202
RAY FAWKES P007B
RB WHITE P022
RICHARD COMELY 811
RICHARD PACE P043A
ROB DUMO A396
ROB WALTON P031B
RONN SUTTON P034B
ROSSI GIFFORD P004B
RYAN SOHMER 430
SALGOOD SAM P035A
SAM AGRO P035B
SANYA ANWAR P012A
SARA RICHARD P025
SCOTT CHANTLER P002
SCOTT HANNA P056
SCOTT HEPBURN P202
SCOTT SNYDER P215
SEAN BURG 'WORDBURGLAR' P011A
SHAWN CRYSTAL P211
SORAH SUHNG P044
STANLEY ARTGERM LAU P210
STEVE MANALE P016B
STEVE MCNIVEN P221
STEVEN PULAWA P051B
TOM KING P215
TONCI ZONJIC P202
TONY MOORE P088
TRI VUONG P202
TY TEMPLETON P084
TYLER JENKINS P085
YALE STEWART A190
YANICK PAQUETTE P067

Cancellations for the comics list includes:

Greg Smallwood

Dan Panosian

Matthew Rosenberg

Zach Caplan

Edited by Kevin Boyd

My own booth, the Comic Book Lounge will be at booth 510 with ALL NEW COMICS.

I am clearing out my old store stock of graphic novels and hardcovers. Prices are US Cover - Buy one and get another of equal or lesser value for free. Yes FREE.

This is it, once these books are gone they are GONE. 50+ long boxes of trades and hardcover books including Marvel Masterworks (hard and softcover), DC Archives, Fantagraphics EC reprints and much more. I stopped ordering for my shop when I merged the new comics orders with All New Comics.  If enough of these move I'll do a restock later this weekend of oversized books - art books, etc. Buy a bunch and you can price match to get the best savings.

Since I'm busy running the comics area with the team, my staff for the store will be overseeing the booth. I can usually be found around the comics signing area, coordinating the section and looking after the guests and lines.

lounge map.jpg

Edited by Kevin Boyd

Nice! i'll make sure to stop in and grab some trades!

Anyone know who stocks the biggest amount of blank covers? i have commissions set up with 4 artists and need some HQ blanks.

Also just to confirm Kevin, there will be a vip line for the Comic Sketch art table?

Edited by TheRealVenom

I'll be meeting with CSA today to discuss how the lines will flow - they have always looked after our VIPs in the past.

Jim Lee's schedule has changed, and he's not doing a Sunday public signing any longer. A whole bunch of celebrity related panel changes can be tracked here, full program guide now available to look at.

http://fanexpocanada.com/schedule/

I don't pretend to be any kind of event organizer haha but if I could make a suggestion I would flip that entire block of tables so they are facing the signing areas aa and bb. It would give you an entrance lane, vip lane and exit as well. That block contains realisticly the most sought after comic guests, doing so would also dispel some of the heavy congestion that corner of artist ally usually gets. 

just my unasked for 2 cents :) 

9 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

I'll be meeting with CSA today to discuss how the lines will flow - they have always looked after our VIPs in the past.

Jim Lee's schedule has changed, and he's not doing a Sunday public signing any longer. A whole bunch of celebrity related panel changes can be tracked here, full program guide now available to look at.

http://fanexpocanada.com/schedule/

It shows in the ticketing that Jim Lee is doing a CGC on Sunday, is this correct and what time?

Thanks

EDIT: Just saw the time, 10:30AM

Edited by dOubleO

2 hours in and I'm pooped already. ton of exclusives bought tho! I'll be making a sales thread later this week for anyone who wants them.

met Eric and Jim at their booth! Awesome dudes! Con report and pics coming later this week!

So far so good at the fan expo in toronto. (thumbsu 

Retail sales are very good, bought lots of great books for resale, moving a ton of trades, and almost sold out of the 30 WW2 helmets I brought! Also having fun picking up some cool original art pages and sketches. 

The crowds have have been decent, but I definitely get the feeling there are far less people here this year from last year. Will have to wait and see if Informa announces the final numbers. 

It it was great meeting some boardies, and a fun show all in all. Keep in mind, I'm writing this before Sunday's activity, but as I said at the start of this post....so far so good. (thumbsu 

12 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

So far so good at the fan expo in toronto. (thumbsu 

Retail sales are very good, bought lots of great books for resale, moving a ton of trades, and almost sold out of the 30 WW2 helmets I brought! Also having fun picking up some cool original art pages and sketches. 

The crowds have have been decent, but I definitely get the feeling there are far less people here this year from last year. Will have to wait and see if Informa announces the final numbers. 

It it was great meeting some boardies, and a fun show all in all. Keep in mind, I'm writing this before Sunday's activity, but as I said at the start of this post....so far so good. (thumbsu 

Wow you sold 30 WW2 helmets !! that is quite a show !

7 hours ago, Canadiancomics said:

Fan Expo was great! I my self only went Thursday but at least it wasn't too crowded, the best day to get sketches and signatures. Also got a good start on this project I'm working on...

image.thumb.jpeg.8cd9f9180b047cb8cf85f27a99f519ff.jpeg

Are you aiming to get head sketches of all different artists? Looks cool! :golfclap:

Phew it's over!

It was a good long week(end).  I know Jim's ( @Guardian Comics ) has been posting a bunch of updates about our booth so let's do a small mini recap, cause most of our time was either spent on the road driving in/out or behind the booth.

We met with a number of regular customers and a ton of new ones.  You guys and your kind words make it worth what we do.  Without tooting our own horn we had many individuals come by and say we had the best books (really that means little to me cause everyone has different tastes), but the best things we heard several times over was how awesome we were to deal with.  We had someone looking for a book but couldn't find it in the bin (I knew we had it)...he left the booth a bit disappointed but we found it shortly there after.  Jim tracked him down in the convention centre (how I'm not too sure).  Guy bought it and was super happy we would chase him down.

Highlight sales would have been:
DD1, Avengers1, Saga 1, NM98 (every copy we had and could have kept selling, if we had them), ASM 300 triple signed, ASM361.  We also have a few guys that want to meet this week about picking up some bigger books they didn't expect to see at the show ;)

Move in was smooth as we did it thursday morning (after all the big guys have already cleared out).  Move out Sunday evening was a cluster.  I spent over 1hr45 min in the van waiting to get into the loading bay due to all the traffic.  Once in my crew moved their cabooses off and we were in and out!

Rebooked for next year.