• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada - August 31-September 3, 2017 Toronto, ON
2 2

356 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Gunnz said:

CGC Only takes submissions at Fan Expo Canada. No onsite anything except subbing which they take back to the U.S. and ship back to you when they're done. Kind of lame. 

It's awesome!!!

Question for those who have submitted books at cons before like at FXC (not on-site grading). Any personal experience on how the CGC staff at cons have handled your books? Have any books come back at a significantly lower grade than you thought? I've read some stories about some less-than-careful handling of books at some cons...

I mean I can imagine, especially at busy cons like FXC, where many of the CGC staff are volunteers, it being a long, hectic day (with a lot of "entitled" customers and not a lot of "thank yous"), where it would be easy to get annoyed / complacent and just be trying to make it to closing... I'm thinking of subbing some books that are 9.8 candidates, and especially in this grade-range, the tiniest finger press / tic from an apathetic handler can be the difference between a 9.6 & 9.8 (and difference in multiples of value). If this is often the case, the "savings on shipping" to me isn't worth it, and I'd rather pack and ship myself...

This is for regular blue-label books (obviously with sig series, there isn't really a choice). Any thoughts based on personal experience?

@Kevin Boyd I just found out that Adam Kubert will not be attending Thursday along with others I wanted to meet so I'm starting to regret buying Thursday tickets! do you happen to know if the following artists are attending Thursday or not?

- Adam Hughes

- Joe Jusko

- Adi Granov

- Humberto Ramos

- Erik Larsen

- Ed McGuinness 

- Mike Zeck

- Tony Moore

- Scott Hanna

Thanks

Kubert, Capullo are Sat/Sun

Snyder and Artgerm are Fri/Sat/Sun (based on arrival times in TO)

Lights is Sat only

all pro guests around the alley are, to our knowledge, appearing all four days --- this includes all those others on your list

Chapterhouse, Aspen have special guests that appear on a schedule

7 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Kubert, Capullo are Sat/Sun

Snyder and Artgerm are Fri/Sat/Sun (based on arrival times in TO)

Lights is Sat only

all pro guests around the alley are, to our knowledge, appearing all four days --- this includes all those others on your list

Chapterhouse, Aspen have special guests that appear on a schedule

Thanks for the info! 

Hey Kevin,

Looking at the finalized floorplan, it appears to me there is a vip line for booths p210-p220 is that correct? so I would have front of line for the likes of arterm, snyder, capullo, king, ramos and kubert singings? That would be stellar! I like not having signing area cc there now!

Some news for Jim Lee fans. We have added another signing session to the schedule for Sunday - Jim Lee will be signing from 10:30-11:30 in the signing area, that pushes Jeff Lemire's signing to noon. 

Jim Lee will also also be joining the DC Art Masters panel on Sunday.

Edited by Kevin Boyd

11 hours ago, TheRealVenom said:

Not seeing any info on Drew Struzan. Will he be in the Celeb section or in the south building? His name isn't on the floor map anywhere.

He's supposed to be seated in the north building. 

18 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Some news for Jim Lee fans. We have added another signing session to the schedule for Sunday - Jim Lee will be signing from 10:30-11:30 in the signing area, that pushes Jeff Lemire's signing to noon. 

Jim Lee will also also be joining the DC Art Masters panel on Sunday.

To be clear-is this the quick free signing that he does? If so how does one get a wristband, or do I simply just go there and wait?

Website has been updated. There is a team that updates the social media sites. 

http://fanexpocanada.com/comic-guests/jim-lee/

Jim Lee will be doing public signings in the comic signing area on Saturday (1pm, 4pm) and Sunday (10:30am). 

Limited to 1 free autograph per person.  

CGC and CBCS Witnesses are not allowed at these public signings. (Jim has a fee, prefers people not do them at these public signings, which is why we have the package).

And to answer your question, yes it is the quick free signing. We will not be allowing people to line up until appox. 1 hour before each signing. Security will be dispelling any lines that form before that time.  As people enter the line marshaling area, they will be given a ticket so we can keep track of the number of people at each signing.

Edited by Kevin Boyd

20 hours ago, Canadiancomics said:

@Kevin Boyd will Adam Kubert be doing convention sketches? Couldn't get his VIP ticket in time but am still looking to add a quick head sketch to a project I'm working on. Thanks 

You'll have to swing by his table and ask his rep. I don't think he is.