• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada - August 31-September 3, 2017 Toronto, ON
2 2

356 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, RattyLa said:

Normally they will have a sign at their booth with signing times or you can even check their social media to see if they post their schedule (more and more are doing this).

Ah, that makes sense. Very helpful, thanks. I've got 1 or 2 books each for 3 creators (other than Jim Lee, where I bought the package) that I'm trying to get signed and witnessed, and I only have one day to do it! (Wife only let me go for one day).

Unfortunately had to go on Sat as that's the day of the Jim Lee package signing, so that means it's the busiest day... Trying to pre-plan as much as possible so I can be efficient (and also enjoy the Con!)

3 minutes ago, CKinTO said:

If there isn't a specific "signing session" in the schedule for certain creators (like there is for Jim Lee, or Artgerm), will that mean that they plan to generally just be at their booth for signings? (So you *should* be able to go at any time in the day? Obviously I understand no guarantee they'll be there all day, but just in general)

For example, I want to get a book signed (and witnessed) with Tom King. He only has a Creator Spotlight noted on the schedule, but nothing about a "signing session".

You'll need to go by his booth and get his schedule from his handlers, or maybe they'll post it here.

Many more guests are requesting signings at their tables instead of in our signing area so they can sell prints, art, etc.

3 hours ago, CKinTO said:

Ah, that makes sense. Very helpful, thanks. I've got 1 or 2 books each for 3 creators (other than Jim Lee, where I bought the package) that I'm trying to get signed and witnessed, and I only have one day to do it! (Wife only let me go for one day).

Unfortunately had to go on Sat as that's the day of the Jim Lee package signing, so that means it's the busiest day... Trying to pre-plan as much as possible so I can be efficient (and also enjoy the Con!)

:blahblah: You put your foot down and you tell her who's boss :sumo: Kidding!  This con is 4 days for a reason you know :baiting: just too much to do in one day lol 

7 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Generally yes, but King does scheduled signings at his table. 

Thats good to know! Thanks. Generally most writers who come don't even have a table ( ie Dan Slott) thanks for the heads up.

Amy jo! nice add there. I'll look forward to meeting her.

The draft schedule is up, and changes are being made. 

McNiven, McGuinness and Larsen have all asked for table signings, so those listed signings are scrapped. Jeff Lemire will only be in the signing area. 

Looks like that Canadian singer/comic book writer is coming after all... details pending...

Edited by Kevin Boyd

On 8/16/2017 at 5:31 PM, Iceman399 said:

Not sure if @Kevin Boyd had anything to do with it, but got a reassignment today :banana: 1004 double booth with a fake corner.  1 isle closer to the comics and more space to bring you guys more stuff.

Very happy for you.  Nice to see you're out of the underwear aisle. 

On 8/16/2017 at 9:41 PM, CKinTO said:

On 8/16/2017 at 5:31 PM, Iceman399 said:

Not sure if @Kevin Boyd had anything to do with it, but got a reassignment today :banana: 1004 double booth with a fake corner.  1 isle closer to the comics and more space to bring you guys more stuff.

Awesome news Eric, great that it worked out! See you and Jim there. 

You gonna buy my Batman #1? :baiting: 

8 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

The draft schedule is up, and changes are being made. 

McNiven, McGuinness and Larsen have all asked for table signings, so those listed signings are scrapped. Jeff Lemire will only be in the signing area. 

Looks like that Canadian singer/comic book writer is coming after all... details pending...

Allrite Mr. Boyd... if you're messing with me haha is this canadian singer/comic writer who I think it is? Because i'll take back every negative word I said about the celeb booking team. This is a game changer!