• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada - August 31-September 3, 2017 Toronto, ON
2 2

356 posts in this topic

Nice score on Anthony Daniels, Finally someone I want to actually meet in the south building! Hope there are more BIG guest announcments coming.

Any time frame on when the Jim Lee gold packages will be announced? I need to make sure I don't miss out on that one...  Better be more than 10 spots! haha

7 hours ago, TheRealVenom said:

So Kevin, Looking at exclusives for the other informa shows like boston I see the exclusives are the same as mega con. Will the toronto show have it's own NEW exclusive comics for it?

First off, of course we always debut new comic variants at Fan Expo Canada and this year is no different.

Secondly, Boston has new comics exclusives.

Boston's main new exclusive on the comics side is the Joe Jusko corner box variant of Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man #1 (and there are a couple of versions), and there's also Robotech #1 from Titan Comics (a 'virgin foil variant by Stanley Artgerm Lau). If we don't sell out at Boston those will be available in Toronto.

We have some cool things in the works with DC Comics that will be debuting at Fan Expo Canada - I haven't seen the art yet and I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Aspen comics just sent us some art for some very cool looking Michael Turner variants for DC's Metal #1 that they will be selling at their booth.

Our big Marvel variant is a Stanley Artgerm Lau variant cover for Generations: Wolverine/All-New Wolverine. Lau previewed the art himself on FB so I can do that (see below). The art is devoid of logos and trade dress, so it's like a work in progress...

19397075_10158857093065176_4411673447895833911_n.jpg

45 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

First off, of course we always debut new comic variants at Fan Expo Canada and this year is no different.

Secondly, Boston has new comics exclusives.

Boston's main new exclusive on the comics side is the Joe Jusko corner box variant of Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man #1 (and there are a couple of versions), and there's also Robotech #1 from Titan Comics (a 'virgin foil variant by Stanley Artgerm Lau). If we don't sell out at Boston those will be available in Toronto.

We have some cool things in the works with DC Comics that will be debuting at Fan Expo Canada - I haven't seen the art yet and I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Aspen comics just sent us some art for some very cool looking Michael Turner variants for DC's Metal #1 that they will be selling at their booth.

Our big Marvel variant is a Stanley Artgerm Lau variant cover for Generations: Wolverine/All-New Wolverine. Lau previewed the art himself on FB so I can do that (see below). The art is devoid of logos and trade dress, so it's like a work in progress...

19397075_10158857093065176_4411673447895833911_n.jpg

Kevin are you able to give us advanced warning, not day of when both the Snyder and Jim Lee ticketed events go on sale?

VIPs and Premium pass holders got a chance to get in early on these, but the comic creator special packages go on sale tomorrow at 10am.

Scott Snyder/Greg Capullo VIP event

Adam Kubert Ultimate Sketch package - a few more spots have been made available

Jim Lee Ultimate Package - 2 versions - for regular autographs and for graded autographs.

All of these creators are doing other signings at the event, these are not the only options, but they do have some exclusive elements and can save you time down the line.

1077255_1518202991564619_1842868217731800066_o.png

6 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

VIPs and Premium pass holders got a chance to get in early on these, but the comic creator special packages go on sale tomorrow at 10am.

Scott Snyder/Greg Capullo VIP event

Adam Kubert Ultimate Sketch package - a few more spots have been made available

Jim Lee Ultimate Package - 2 versions - for regular autographs and for graded autographs.

All of these creators are doing other signings at the event, these are not the only options, but they do have some exclusive elements and can save you time down the line.

1077255_1518202991564619_1842868217731800066_o.png

As a VIP pass holder I was never contacted early about the Kubert sketch package, only found out after it was mentioned on the boards. Very disappointed that I was never notified and missed out on it. 

The Adam Kubert packages went on sale some time ago, and because of the price point they made it open to all subscribers.

This time around they alerted VIPs and Premiums about Snyder/Capullo and Jim Lee first.

That being said, as per the notice quoted above that went out to all Fan Expo Canada subscribers and ticketholders - at 10AM today, a few additional spots are being opened up for Adam Kubert.

Edited by Kevin Boyd