• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada - August 31-September 3, 2017 Toronto, ON
2 2

356 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, VictorCreed21 said:

Should the VIP ticket holders not have been notified for the initial Kubert package first? Regardless of the cost of the package, it's one of the perks they pay for.

I agree! Looks like it was sold out before I got to it at 10am or 10pm my time in Taiwan. 

Edited by Captain Canuck

Thanks for the heads up Kevin. Was able to get my Jim Lee CGC package - noticed and appreciated that the $189 price is basically a 1.27 FX rate (compared to the US$149 price at Fan Expo Dallas), nice to see a fair conversion for us Canadians given the recent strength in our dollar!

1 hour ago, VictorCreed21 said:

Will Jim Lee, Greg Capullo, Scott Snyder, and Adam Kubert be having any public signings for fans without the packages?

Will let Kevin confirm, but at least with Jim, he's historically done a 1hr free public signing per day that he's there. I think this was the case at FanExpo Dallas, but at SDCC for example, there's a lineup in the mornings each day to get wristbands / tickets for that free signing. Those can't be slabbed though as a witnessed sig. 

So yes, everyone will be doing signings outside of the packages. Greg and Scott will be doing signings at their tables and in the signing area. Jim Lee will be doing at least one signing in the signing area (free, 1 item per person, no signature witnessing), Adam Kubert will be signing at his table and probably one signing in the signing area.

Lena Headey cancelled :( 

Pretty much the only celeb I wanted to meet this year other than Anthony Daniels. Thank god Kevin did an amazing job with the comic guests because this has been the worst celeb guest list in 5 years. Not a single A lister.

Thanks and ouch. If anyone has been to a comic shop recently can tell you there's a fiery redhead yet to be announced, and they are working on some new folks. I have my fingers crossed for Game of Thrones and Riverdale guests, but that's not with any insider knowledge...

And there a few new comic guests.... from the flyer:

JEROME OPENA (Seven to Eternity),

MARGUERITE SAUVAGE (Faith and cover artist for just about every company these days).

Opena!  Nice!

This is the first year I wish I'd bought that VIP package.  Never really needed it before but this years comic guests - would have made it worthwhile for certain.

Bummer, Lights would have been HUGE. (FYI Lights writes and draws the new Skin & Earth comic from Dynamite and is also a Canadian Pop artist) She would have been a huge draw.

Question about Drew Struzan, Will he be in the south building with the other artists or in the North with the "Celebs"?

4 hours ago, roach04 said:

Opena!  Nice!

This is the first year I wish I'd bought that VIP package.  Never really needed it before but this years comic guests - would have made it worthwhile for certain.

Shoot me a PM I will be facilitating this event for my my fellow canadian clients.

29 minutes ago, TheRealVenom said:

Bummer, Lights would have been HUGE. (FYI Lights writes and draws the new Skin & Earth comic from Dynamite and is also a Canadian Pop artist) She would have been a huge draw.

Question about Drew Struzan, Will he be in the south building with the other artists or in the North with the "Celebs"?

I think this other redhead is no slouch in the huge draw area. Yes, I know who Lights is.

Struzan, I don't know yet what the plan is. We've been finalizing a lot of Boston details this week and many members of the team are at SDCC.