• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada - August 31-September 3, 2017 Toronto, ON
2 2

356 posts in this topic

this is the wrong board to be asking these questions. go to the newbie forum. 

Hey Kevin,

I noticed Dan Mendoza is advertising he will be at FeC but I see his name nowhere on the guest list? Will he be at the Action Labs booth again?

If Dan Mendoza is there again I'm getting another sketch!  Dear everyone else - after I get mine, feel free to buy 2 or 3 yourselves!  Worth every penny and an awesome guy to chat with.

41 minutes ago, roach04 said:

If Dan Mendoza is there again I'm getting another sketch!  Dear everyone else - after I get mine, feel free to buy 2 or 3 yourselves!  Worth every penny and an awesome guy to chat with.

I got one from him last year as well. He did a really great job but he's really rough when handling your book and the 9.2 I got from cgc showed. Hopefully he'll be a little easier when handling the book this year. Bill McKay is there as well who does zombie tramp covers. I might just get one from him.

Nice!  I didn't get mine graded so thanks for the insight.  And for the heads up on Bill McKay - this show is going to be huge (both guest and $ wise!)

3 hours ago, roach04 said:

Nice!  I didn't get mine graded so thanks for the insight.  And for the heads up on Bill McKay - this show is going to be huge (both guest and $ wise!)

Well thanks to Kevin the comics side of things this year is the best one yet! I'm excited to get lots of CGC ss books done for sure.  

The celeb side of things tho is looking pretty grim.  Iv'e read all the tweets and FB messages from the fans to fan expo and there are 1000's of ticked off nerds haha (Myself included tho!) I spent 600 on VIP tickets again and this years celeb list is the smallest and worst ive seen in years. Nothing but sidekicks, hasbeens and recycled guests who have been there every year.

I def feel slighted by this and I know i'm not the only one.  To make matters worse they increased autograph and photo op prices with these celebs this year astronomically. 2 weeks ago Anthony Daniels sig was only 80$ it's now 115$ Plus they are selling photo ops without releasing a scheduel yet, how can one plan a photo op that won't interfere with say a signing, pannel or sketch duel? I'm not sure who's in charge this year but they have done a god awful job. 

I think its funny Rhode Island, the usa's smallest state has a comic con with more star power than a con put on for a whole country. Just my 2 cents.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that. My focus is on comics personally, so I don't pay a lot of attention to celebrities, but I forward the info because I know people are interested.

That being said there's a lot of heavy hitters that I see on this celebrity list.... I gather the issue is some of them have been here before? 

Justin Roiland

Matt Smith

Nathan Filion

Stephen Amell

Bruce Campbell

Famke Janssen

Norman Reedus

John Barrowman

Jason Isaacs

Billie Piper

Karen Gillan

Catherine Tate

Anthony Daniels

Victor Garber

The boys from Stranger Things

David Ramsay

Anthony Head

James Marsters

Khary Payton

Richard Dreyfuss

Kathleen Turner

Tom Wilson

Bob Morley

Elyes Gabel

Felicia Day

Sarah Wayne Callies

Paul Wesley

Paige O'Hara

Robbie Benson

plus Tim Curry, MeatLoaf, and the rest of the Rocky Horror reunion....

Yeah it's gotta be tough to land big-name Hollywood types.  Last year was the first time I'd ever done anything on the celeb side (Mark Hamill) and probably won't venture over there this year.  I love Doctor Who (even Nu-Who!) but those guys are always mobbed and I don't love them that much.

I'm actually the reverse of you RealVenom - wish there was a way to upgrade my premium to VIP to so I can skip lines for Zeck and Hughes!  (And several other comic guys I've not met.)

(and I know Kevin shares my love of the greates X-Men artist -- Paul Smith! Someday he'll make it...! LOL)

Oh god.. just counted all my books for CGC SS that I will be subbing, and not including any exclusives which I don't know about yet, I'm already at 30 books... This is gonna be one hell of an expensive year! Not one celeb signature tho which is disapointing. Unless I can get a sketch from Justin Roiland. 

Hey Kevin, do you happen to know Humberto Ramos'es sketch rates at Fan Expo? really hoping to pick up a colored Spidey torso, going to his booth first thing on Thursday so I'm not too late. I'm aware that his commission list fills very fast. Other than Jim lee, Will most comic guests be attending Thursday and Friday as well? Thanks

- Dan