• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "big 4"

62 posts in this topic

I'm curious to know what books (Bronze Age till now) my fellow collector society members consider the top four comics to own. These are books that will most likely weather another comic book market crash, popularity and sustainability. I'm thinking:

Hulk 181

ASM 129

TMNT 1 first print

Walking Dead 1

Anyone else disagree?

I'm curious to know what books (Bronze Age till now) my fellow collector society members consider the top four comics to own. These are books that will most likely weather another comic book market crash, popularity and sustainability. I'm thinking:

Hulk 181

ASM 129

TMNT 1 first print

Walking Dead 1

Anyone else disagree?

Walking Dead 1 is certainly the top modern.

TMNT 1 without a doubt the top copper.

Not so sure about ASM 129 , though I personally dig the Punisher.

I guess Hulk 181 is the top bronze age book, though as a Wolverine fan I would add Hulk 180 right along with it.

You could also make a case for Conan 1, and Green Lantern 76.

Can we not still consider New Mutants #98 the top Modern, with Batman Adventures #12 a close second? Or does WD#1 tend to go for more?

NM 98 could also be a top modern, though I think the edge goes to print run of the WD1.

BA 12 is just a flavor of the month imho.

IMHO in regards to WD 1 it's not only the print run but the cultural impact the series had just like TMNT. As popular as Deadpool is his story line can't survive without him. The WD can go on forever even after the original characters are long gone, but only time will tell. As far as first appearences go in the Bronze/copper/modern era Deadpool easy ranks in the top 10:

No particular order:

Conan

Wolverine

Punisher

Blade

Deadpool

Cable

Death stroke

Harley Quinn

X-23

TMNT

Good point on the Star Wars comment. No matter what, with Disney behind the Force, Star Wars is here to stay.

Star Wars 1 be it 30¢ or 35¢ version has appeal to both comic book collectors as well as Star Wars collectors.

IMHO in regards to WD 1 it's not only the print run but the cultural impact the series had just like TMNT. As popular as Deadpool is his story line can't survive without him. The WD can go on forever even after the original characters are long gone, but only time will tell. As far as first appearences go in the Bronze/copper/modern era Deadpool easy ranks in the top 10:

No particular order:

Conan

Wolverine

Punisher

Blade

Deadpool

Cable

Death stroke

Harley Quinn

X-23

TMNT

X-23 sticks out like a sore thumb, easily the lamest character on that list.

The WD can go on forever even after the original characters are long gone, but only time will tell.

technically no one knows that... WD was centered on Rick, and Ricks alive and kicking.

If Rick dies, considering he's been the anchor of the book from the start, I dont know that the book would continue successfully....

Deadpool ,and all the Movie exposed characters have reached a much wider audience than Walking Dead.

As far as first appearences go in the Bronze/copper/modern era Deadpool easy ranks in the top 10:

No particular order:

Conan

Wolverine

Punisher

Blade

Deadpool

Cable

Death stroke

Harley Quinn

X-23

TMNT

Thanos :sumo: