• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic comics 3

140 posts in this topic

So what would a raw 9.0/9.2 OW pages bring at auction these days?

Less than jbcomicbox's copy

Fantastic3Church.jpg

What's the claimed grade on that copy?

Damn nice plus.

No doubt. (thumbs u

But putting a number on it?

Well it doesn't look 9.8. And he's saying its better than 9.2. That doesn't leave much room. 9.4 or 9.6 I would assume. My guess would be 9.6 unless bc flaws.

I think it's 9.4 - 9.6. It's every bit as gorgeous in person as the photo would imply.

Well it doesn't look 9.8. And he's saying its better than 9.2. That doesn't leave much room. 9.4 or 9.6 I would assume. My guess would be 9.6 unless bc flaws.

I think it's 9.4 - 9.6. It's every bit as gorgeous in person as the photo would imply.

Just in case anyone missed it the book is the Church copy and, sadly, not owned by me but rather jbcomicbox. That is my picture of Jon holding the book and I have seen it raw, in person on several occasions.

Is the #3 scarcer than the #5, or just more desirable? I don't understand the price difference between those two issues. The #5 has a great cover too...maybe not as detailed as #3 and without a robot, but still a great cover... (shrug)

Interesting question, Brian.

My take is that they are both classic covers, but #3 is an all-time favorite. However, #5 is a bit scarcer, so there's that.

Both #3 and #5 should rank as extremely desirable, I would think... but the #3 is definitely worth more.

So what would a raw 9.0/9.2 OW pages bring at auction these days?

Less than jbcomicbox's copy

Fantastic3Church.jpg

What's the claimed grade on that copy?

Damn nice plus.

No doubt. (thumbs u

But putting a number on it?

:o(worship)

Look at those colors pop! They are so vibrant, it's unreal!

Is the #3 scarcer than the #5, or just more desirable? I don't understand the price difference between those two issues. The #5 has a great cover too...maybe not as detailed as #3 and without a robot, but still a great cover... (shrug)

Interesting question, Brian.

My take is that they are both classic covers, but #3 is an all-time favorite. However, #5 is a bit scarcer, so there's that.

Both #3 and #5 should rank as extremely desirable, I would think... but the #3 is definitely worth more.

I am a fan of 5, but it isn't in the same league as 3 IMHO.

f6a399ba-3445-4606-ac22-888abb9590ab_zpsxxmtw9no.jpg

Just in case anyone missed it the book is the Church copy and, sadly, not owned by me but rather jbcomicbox. That is my picture of Jon holding the book and I have seen it raw, in person on several occasions.

I was extremely fortunate enough to hold that beauty, too. At the same time as comparing his MH Mystery Men 3 to his Larson. :o It was a toss up!