• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15, Detective 27, Hulk 1+other slabs Recap on Page 37 New Books pg 38 12/8/16

393 posts in this topic

I'll take Great Comics #1.

:takeit:

My first LB Cole, :headbang:

Wowza!!!! A big Congrats. LB is the man. They say GA is a drug! Be careful lol

Adam, of course I was impressed, but when you brought out the early Supes, which look amazingly great for the grades (nice yellow covers), a barrage of TTA's, and of course the Tecs, all I have to say is (worship) Great stuff!!!!

I'll take Great Comics #1.

My first LB Cole, :headbang:

Wowza!!!! A big Congrats. LB is the man. They say GA is a drug! Be careful lol

Adam, of course I was impressed, but when you brought out the early Supes, which look amazingly great for the grades (nice yellow covers), a barrage of TTA's, and of course the Tecs, all I have to say is (worship) Great stuff!!!!

a dangerous addictive drug indeed

HOS 92 per PM as well.

Congrats, man! Beautiful copy.

Browsing this thread is like being in a museum. For us schmucks that can't afford most of this stuff, we still appreciate the chance to look! Thanks (thumbs u

Wonder Woman 1 CGC 5.5 EP $9995

WonderWoman1CGC55EP_zpsivu34vyu.jpg

Jake! :o:applause:

Those notations are for the Wonder Woman ashcan, which is indeed cover dated "Jan. 1942".

WWashcan_zpsjg3n1cgz.jpg

Sorry for the stupid question in such a great FS thread, but what is an "ashcan" as it pertains to comics?

Jake! :o:applause:

Those notations are for the Wonder Woman ashcan, which is indeed cover dated "Jan. 1942".

WWashcan_zpsjg3n1cgz.jpg

Sorry for the stupid question in such a great FS thread, but what is an "ashcan" as it pertains to comics?

A preliminary version of a comic used to gain copyright protection of a title but not usually sold to the public.

:news: Sale fell through and this book is back up for sale :news:

Just to clarify for anyone who has been asking, CGC made a mistake with the comment section of the label. Those comments are supposed to be for the Ashcan for Wonder Woman 1. The book for sale in this listing is an actual Wonder Woman 1 CGC 5.5 (restored) and not the ashcan used to trademark the book.

HOS 92 per PM as well.

Congrats, man! Beautiful copy.

Browsing this thread is like being in a museum. For us schmucks that can't afford most of this stuff, we still appreciate the chance to look! Thanks (thumbs u

Yeah, this is like a ComicLink featured highlights sale. Really fun just to go back and look through. I wish I could afford that Supes 11. :sorry: