• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about a Dan DeCarlo thread?
1 1

173 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of an authoritative site with listings of DeCarlo's work? This probably doesn't exist since there's so much of it. Can often find info on comics.org, but not always and especially when it comes to all the Archie digests. Am wondering about this cover (not golden age).

Archie%20Comics%20Digest%2020_zps8olwkw96.jpg

I think that could be a DeCarlo but I'm not certain.

I'm not aware of an authoritative listing of his work. I think whatever information we collectors can contribute to sites like comics.org and atlastales.com can help. For Timely, I've always seen it mentioned that he started on Jeanie and then did Millie the Model and My Friend Irma. Based on what I have in my collection, it appears that he did a good number of Nellie the Nurse stories as well but except for one credited story in Millie #18, I've never seen those mentioned.

Here's one of his covers on Oscar Comics #13. I can't find this documented anywhere but it's clearly representative of his early style for Timely.

Oscar13071_zpskur4kclt.jpg

I'm not aware of an authoritative listing of his work. I think whatever information we collectors can contribute to sites like comics.org and atlastales.com can help. For Timely, I've always seen it mentioned that he started on Jeanie and then did Millie the Model and My Friend Irma. Based on what I have in my collection, it appears that he did a good number of Nellie the Nurse stories as well but except for one credited story in Millie #18, I've never seen those mentioned.

Here's one of his covers on Oscar Comics #13. I can't find this documented anywhere but it's clearly representative of his early style for Timely.

I would bet the farm that's DeCarlo. And a great one at that

I would bet the farm that's DeCarlo. And a great one at that

I'm on the lookout for a copy of that book - you guys really think DeCarlo?

This is DeCarlo and the girl sure looks like yours.

Mike

Comedy10.jpg